Infosys Q4 Net Profit up 25 Percent, Beats Forecasts
April 15, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Infosys Ltd, India's second largest IT services exporter, reported a 25 percent increase in quarterly net profit, beating estimates, as it added new clients including Chinese-owned Swedish automaker Volvo Car Corp.
The Bangalore-based company's consolidated net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31 was 29.92 billion rupees ($496.72 million), compared to 23.9 billion rupees in the same period a year earlier.
That compared with an average estimate of 28.1 billion rupees in a survey of 23 analysts by Thomson Reuters.
Infosys, which has been losing market share to more aggressive local rivals in recent years, brought back its founder N.R. Narayana Murthy from retirement in June last year to revive the company's fortune.
The company, however, has seen an exodus of senior executives and staff since Murthy's return, triggering concerns about its ability to compete for lucrative outsourcing contracts in the United States and Europe.
($1 = 60.2350 Indian Rupees)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?