Infosys Q4 Net Profit up 25 Percent, Beats Forecasts
April 15, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Infosys Ltd, India's second largest IT services exporter, reported a 25 percent increase in quarterly net profit, beating estimates, as it added new clients including Chinese-owned Swedish automaker Volvo Car Corp.
The Bangalore-based company's consolidated net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31 was 29.92 billion rupees ($496.72 million), compared to 23.9 billion rupees in the same period a year earlier.
That compared with an average estimate of 28.1 billion rupees in a survey of 23 analysts by Thomson Reuters.
Infosys, which has been losing market share to more aggressive local rivals in recent years, brought back its founder N.R. Narayana Murthy from retirement in June last year to revive the company's fortune.
The company, however, has seen an exodus of senior executives and staff since Murthy's return, triggering concerns about its ability to compete for lucrative outsourcing contracts in the United States and Europe.
($1 = 60.2350 Indian Rupees)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health