Infosys Q4 Net Profit up 25 Percent, Beats Forecasts
April 15, 2014 2:19 PM EST
Infosys Ltd, India's second largest IT services exporter, reported a 25 percent increase in quarterly net profit, beating estimates, as it added new clients including Chinese-owned Swedish automaker Volvo Car Corp.
The Bangalore-based company's consolidated net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31 was 29.92 billion rupees ($496.72 million), compared to 23.9 billion rupees in the same period a year earlier.
That compared with an average estimate of 28.1 billion rupees in a survey of 23 analysts by Thomson Reuters.
Infosys, which has been losing market share to more aggressive local rivals in recent years, brought back its founder N.R. Narayana Murthy from retirement in June last year to revive the company's fortune.
The company, however, has seen an exodus of senior executives and staff since Murthy's return, triggering concerns about its ability to compete for lucrative outsourcing contracts in the United States and Europe.
($1 = 60.2350 Indian Rupees)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones