Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley Wins in MTV Movie Awards 2014
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 15, 2014 1:56 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is undoubtedly one of the biggest Hollywood stars today while Shailene Woodley is on her way to make her name join the roster of the brightest stars of her generation. The MTV Movie Awards 2014 to happen on Sunday, April 12 declared both actresses names as winners in respective categories, cementing their names in popularity based on the number of fan votes that brought them the "Golden Popcorn."
Actress Shailene Woodley poses backstage with her Favorite Character award for her performance in the film \"Divergent\" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Jennifer Lawrence bagged "Best Female Performance" award for the "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" where she has beaten fellow nominees Amy Adams ("American Hustle"), Jennifer Aniston ("We're the Millers"), Sandra Bullock ("Gravity"), and Lupita Nyong'o ("12 Years a Slave"). Jennifer's leading man in the film, Josh Hutcherson is also not left behind, taking the Golden Popcorn for the "Best Male Performance".
Shailene Woodley rocked the MTV Movie Awards 2014 red carpet with her fashionable leather dress from Balmain's Pre-Fall 2014 collection. She paired the gorgeous dress with a Jimmy Choo strappy heels to complete her fabulous ensemble. In the red carpet, the "Divergent" stunner is not photographed with her rumoured beau Theo James, rather, she is spotted with Ansel Elgort, her on-screen partner in upcoming movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
Shailene Woodley bagged the "Favourite Character" award, beating Jennifer Lawrence's "Katniss Everdeen" for her role as "Tris" in "Divergent". Though fans of both futuristic films would definitely be torn to pick their best actresses, they can have a sigh of relief that both stars will not go home from the MTV Movie Awards 2014 taking nothing.
Jennifer Lawrence received plenty of support this year being nominated in various categories such as "Best Kiss," "Best Fight," and "Best Musical Moment," respectively. However, the "Hunger Games" star was not able to attend the MTV Movie Awards night to receive the golden trophy.
Meanwhile, Shailene Woodley was also nominated for "Best Kiss," alongside Miles Teller for their 2013 movie, "The Spectacular Now."
Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence are receiving plenty of spotlight especially that that they have upcoming movies on the brew aside from portraying their popular characters as "Tris" and "Katniss." Despite being pitted for both their dystopian films, both stars are in good terms with Shailene Woodley even asking for Jennifer Lawrence's advice whether she would reprise her "Divergent" role for the succeeding film franchise.
Jennifer's advice to Shailene is pretty sensible; "Don't do anything stupid, don't do drugs or don't make a sex tape and you'll be fine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air