Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley Wins in MTV Movie Awards 2014
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 15, 2014 1:56 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is undoubtedly one of the biggest Hollywood stars today while Shailene Woodley is on her way to make her name join the roster of the brightest stars of her generation. The MTV Movie Awards 2014 to happen on Sunday, April 12 declared both actresses names as winners in respective categories, cementing their names in popularity based on the number of fan votes that brought them the "Golden Popcorn."
Actress Shailene Woodley poses backstage with her Favorite Character award for her performance in the film \"Divergent\" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Jennifer Lawrence bagged "Best Female Performance" award for the "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" where she has beaten fellow nominees Amy Adams ("American Hustle"), Jennifer Aniston ("We're the Millers"), Sandra Bullock ("Gravity"), and Lupita Nyong'o ("12 Years a Slave"). Jennifer's leading man in the film, Josh Hutcherson is also not left behind, taking the Golden Popcorn for the "Best Male Performance".
Shailene Woodley rocked the MTV Movie Awards 2014 red carpet with her fashionable leather dress from Balmain's Pre-Fall 2014 collection. She paired the gorgeous dress with a Jimmy Choo strappy heels to complete her fabulous ensemble. In the red carpet, the "Divergent" stunner is not photographed with her rumoured beau Theo James, rather, she is spotted with Ansel Elgort, her on-screen partner in upcoming movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
Shailene Woodley bagged the "Favourite Character" award, beating Jennifer Lawrence's "Katniss Everdeen" for her role as "Tris" in "Divergent". Though fans of both futuristic films would definitely be torn to pick their best actresses, they can have a sigh of relief that both stars will not go home from the MTV Movie Awards 2014 taking nothing.
Jennifer Lawrence received plenty of support this year being nominated in various categories such as "Best Kiss," "Best Fight," and "Best Musical Moment," respectively. However, the "Hunger Games" star was not able to attend the MTV Movie Awards night to receive the golden trophy.
Meanwhile, Shailene Woodley was also nominated for "Best Kiss," alongside Miles Teller for their 2013 movie, "The Spectacular Now."
Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence are receiving plenty of spotlight especially that that they have upcoming movies on the brew aside from portraying their popular characters as "Tris" and "Katniss." Despite being pitted for both their dystopian films, both stars are in good terms with Shailene Woodley even asking for Jennifer Lawrence's advice whether she would reprise her "Divergent" role for the succeeding film franchise.
Jennifer's advice to Shailene is pretty sensible; "Don't do anything stupid, don't do drugs or don't make a sex tape and you'll be fine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family