‘The Walking Dead’ Star Jon Bernthal Wants Different Ending for his Character Shane in ‘Better Angels’
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 15, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Shane (Jon Bernthal) was Rick Grimes' (Andrew Lincoln) best buddy for sometime in the post-apocalyptic world. However, in "The Walking Dead" Season 2, Episode 12, "Better Angels," Shane pulled up a gun on Rick. Later, Rick stabbed his friend in the chest. Shane turned into a zombie and tried to attack Rick. Enter Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Grimes junior shot his uncle zombie Shane and saved Rick. It was a heavy-duty episode. Now, Jon Bernthal shared an alternate ending for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" star Jon Bernthal attended the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con last weekend and expressed his desire to see a different kind of ending for his character Shane, reported by Comicbook.com.
"The way that I wanted it to go down was that Rick was going to take his gun out, and he was going to throw it away and say, 'I can't kill you, brother. What do you want from me?' And that would enrage Shane, and he would push him even further, saying worse and worse and worse stuff to him," said Jon at the comic convention.
"The point being that basically what I wanted to have happen was that I would rush him and force him to stab me. And then he would stab me, and I would fall on the ground. And when I reanimated, I would get up as a zombie. And since Rick threw his gun, when I'm approaching him as a zombie, he would pick up my gun, which was on the floor. And he would point it at me to shoot me. And he would just go click, click, and click. And my gun was empty. And then, Carl would have shot me. So Shane took Rick out there to make Rick shoot him to make him be man enough to raise his child. And to sort of infect his head and his psyche forever to put that on him. It's the most selfish and selfless thing to do there," continued Jon.
Indeed that was a profound way to leave the world for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed