‘The Walking Dead’ Star Jon Bernthal Wants Different Ending for his Character Shane in ‘Better Angels’
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 15, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Shane (Jon Bernthal) was Rick Grimes' (Andrew Lincoln) best buddy for sometime in the post-apocalyptic world. However, in "The Walking Dead" Season 2, Episode 12, "Better Angels," Shane pulled up a gun on Rick. Later, Rick stabbed his friend in the chest. Shane turned into a zombie and tried to attack Rick. Enter Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Grimes junior shot his uncle zombie Shane and saved Rick. It was a heavy-duty episode. Now, Jon Bernthal shared an alternate ending for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" star Jon Bernthal attended the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con last weekend and expressed his desire to see a different kind of ending for his character Shane, reported by Comicbook.com.
"The way that I wanted it to go down was that Rick was going to take his gun out, and he was going to throw it away and say, 'I can't kill you, brother. What do you want from me?' And that would enrage Shane, and he would push him even further, saying worse and worse and worse stuff to him," said Jon at the comic convention.
"The point being that basically what I wanted to have happen was that I would rush him and force him to stab me. And then he would stab me, and I would fall on the ground. And when I reanimated, I would get up as a zombie. And since Rick threw his gun, when I'm approaching him as a zombie, he would pick up my gun, which was on the floor. And he would point it at me to shoot me. And he would just go click, click, and click. And my gun was empty. And then, Carl would have shot me. So Shane took Rick out there to make Rick shoot him to make him be man enough to raise his child. And to sort of infect his head and his psyche forever to put that on him. It's the most selfish and selfless thing to do there," continued Jon.
Indeed that was a profound way to leave the world for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery