‘The Walking Dead’ Star Jon Bernthal Wants Different Ending for his Character Shane in ‘Better Angels’
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 15, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Shane (Jon Bernthal) was Rick Grimes' (Andrew Lincoln) best buddy for sometime in the post-apocalyptic world. However, in "The Walking Dead" Season 2, Episode 12, "Better Angels," Shane pulled up a gun on Rick. Later, Rick stabbed his friend in the chest. Shane turned into a zombie and tried to attack Rick. Enter Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Grimes junior shot his uncle zombie Shane and saved Rick. It was a heavy-duty episode. Now, Jon Bernthal shared an alternate ending for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" star Jon Bernthal attended the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con last weekend and expressed his desire to see a different kind of ending for his character Shane, reported by Comicbook.com.
"The way that I wanted it to go down was that Rick was going to take his gun out, and he was going to throw it away and say, 'I can't kill you, brother. What do you want from me?' And that would enrage Shane, and he would push him even further, saying worse and worse and worse stuff to him," said Jon at the comic convention.
"The point being that basically what I wanted to have happen was that I would rush him and force him to stab me. And then he would stab me, and I would fall on the ground. And when I reanimated, I would get up as a zombie. And since Rick threw his gun, when I'm approaching him as a zombie, he would pick up my gun, which was on the floor. And he would point it at me to shoot me. And he would just go click, click, and click. And my gun was empty. And then, Carl would have shot me. So Shane took Rick out there to make Rick shoot him to make him be man enough to raise his child. And to sort of infect his head and his psyche forever to put that on him. It's the most selfish and selfless thing to do there," continued Jon.
Indeed that was a profound way to leave the world for Shane.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar