Samsung News: Galaxy S5 Zoom Dated for April 29, Galaxy Adore and S Fitness Trademarked and Experience Stores Coming to Europe
By Gel Galang | April 15, 2014 12:23 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom has been leaked numerous times, either via the upcoming specs or shots of the handset. The follow-up to last year's S4 Zoom apparently has a huge improvement—the camera lens at the back will now be flat, making the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom look more like a phone with a killer camera than a camera equipped with a phone.
Now, a potential reveal date has been spotted for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom, which is on April 29 during the "Kapture the Moment" event at Singapore.
The peculiar spelling for "capture" may be a clue, but the more telling sign is that Samsung is holding this event for the media, with a big possibility of a reveal of another device following the Samsung Galaxy S5.
GSM Arena has a snapshot of the media invite, which does not have any indication of what exactly will happen during this "media day." Considering that the Galaxy S5 Zoom has been dubbed as the K Zoom or the Galaxy K, the telling "kapture" may be the telling clue.
So far, what is known about the Galaxy S5 Zoom is that it will have a 20-MP camera with a Xenon flash, with a smaller display screen at 4.8 inches and lower resolution at 720 p. It may also boast of a hexa-core processor, 2 GB of RAM and support for NFC and LTE.
The rumours of the device having passed the FCC makes an official announcement before the month ends a fitting next step.
Experience Stores Coming for the Galaxy S5 Launch
The U.S. is already enjoying the Samsung Experience Shop where potential customers can enjoy the latest Samsung handsets and devices as well as ask questions and get tutorials from trained staff.
In order to deliver the same brand of service to its UK market, the Korean company is also opening its Samsung Experience Stores in select places in the country. According to Digital Trends, these areas include Cardiff, Liverpool, London, Bristol, Manchester, Bradford, Newcastle and Bournemouth.
The early plans for the release include the opening of 60 Samsung Experience stores operated by Carphone Warehouse.
"We are delighted to have been chosen by Samsung as its preferred European partner for its experience store rollout," said Andrew Harrison, CEO of Carphone Warehouse. It seems that the Experience Stores will be rolling out at the same time that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be launched.
This will be a good start for Samsung to make its own mark in the UK, as rival Apple already has a fairly big presence in that territory.
Samsung Galaxy Adore and S Fitness Trademarked
Samsung may be adding more devices in the future, as names have been trademarked, presumably, for this very purpose.
Phone Arena has spotted three names that have been submitted to the USPTO, namely "Galaxy S Fitness," "Galaxy Adore" and "Galaxy V:" which are now under Samsung trademark.
While this is no confirmation that these names will be the next ones tagged to a new Samsung product, it does suggest the same. Phone Arena is certainly curious what a Samsung Galaxy V: (no, the colon is not a typo) will be and speculates the Samsung Galaxy Adore to be a stylish handset.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2