Ultimate Warrior Died from Heart Attack Based on Autopsy Results; See Classic Photos of the Former Pro Wrestling Legend
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:38 AM EST
On April 8, Ultimate Warrior collapsed while walking with his wife towards their car at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the latest autopsy results revealed that the cause of Ultimate Warrior's death was heart attack.
The medical examiner who carried out the autopsy on the former pro wrestler said that he has died from "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or what is commonly known as heart disease, TMZ reported. The entertainment gossip Web site further reported that the authorities have ruled out alcohol or drugs as being the root cause of the 54-year-old wrestler's death and stated that his sudden demise is due to death from natural causes. However, further details on his health weren't revealed. People could only wonder if Ultimate Warrior's speech on Raw was a result of something he knew, if he ever had any premonition whatsoever of dying soon.
Following his untimely death, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has released a compilation of Ultimate Warrior's classic pictures. See it here.
Ultimate Warrior made his debut in 1987. According to WWE.com, Ultimate Warrior's biggest feat took place at Wrestlemania 6 when he defeated Hulk Hogan. The event was held in Toronto's Skydome with more than 60,000 viewers. It was Ultimate Warrior's first-ever and only WWE Championship. The same night he defeated Hulk Hogan, he snagged both the Intercontinental and WWE titles and went on to defend the title for nine months before losing it to Sgt Slaughter at Royal Rumble in 1991. He retired from wrestling seven years later in 1998.
On April 6, Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The following day, he appeared on Raw, wore a mask showing his signature face paint, and gave a gruff and rasping speech which now echoes a little spooky as he somewhat spoke about death. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe his final breath." He died at the age 54, leaving thousands of his supporters with feeling that a part of their childhood was taken away from them. He is survived by his wife Dana and two daughters.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales