Ultimate Warrior Died from Heart Attack Based on Autopsy Results; See Classic Photos of the Former Pro Wrestling Legend
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:38 AM EST
On April 8, Ultimate Warrior collapsed while walking with his wife towards their car at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the latest autopsy results revealed that the cause of Ultimate Warrior's death was heart attack.
The medical examiner who carried out the autopsy on the former pro wrestler said that he has died from "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or what is commonly known as heart disease, TMZ reported. The entertainment gossip Web site further reported that the authorities have ruled out alcohol or drugs as being the root cause of the 54-year-old wrestler's death and stated that his sudden demise is due to death from natural causes. However, further details on his health weren't revealed. People could only wonder if Ultimate Warrior's speech on Raw was a result of something he knew, if he ever had any premonition whatsoever of dying soon.
Following his untimely death, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has released a compilation of Ultimate Warrior's classic pictures. See it here.
Ultimate Warrior made his debut in 1987. According to WWE.com, Ultimate Warrior's biggest feat took place at Wrestlemania 6 when he defeated Hulk Hogan. The event was held in Toronto's Skydome with more than 60,000 viewers. It was Ultimate Warrior's first-ever and only WWE Championship. The same night he defeated Hulk Hogan, he snagged both the Intercontinental and WWE titles and went on to defend the title for nine months before losing it to Sgt Slaughter at Royal Rumble in 1991. He retired from wrestling seven years later in 1998.
On April 6, Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The following day, he appeared on Raw, wore a mask showing his signature face paint, and gave a gruff and rasping speech which now echoes a little spooky as he somewhat spoke about death. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe his final breath." He died at the age 54, leaving thousands of his supporters with feeling that a part of their childhood was taken away from them. He is survived by his wife Dana and two daughters.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar