Ultimate Warrior Died from Heart Attack Based on Autopsy Results; See Classic Photos of the Former Pro Wrestling Legend
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:38 AM EST
On April 8, Ultimate Warrior collapsed while walking with his wife towards their car at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the latest autopsy results revealed that the cause of Ultimate Warrior's death was heart attack.
The medical examiner who carried out the autopsy on the former pro wrestler said that he has died from "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or what is commonly known as heart disease, TMZ reported. The entertainment gossip Web site further reported that the authorities have ruled out alcohol or drugs as being the root cause of the 54-year-old wrestler's death and stated that his sudden demise is due to death from natural causes. However, further details on his health weren't revealed. People could only wonder if Ultimate Warrior's speech on Raw was a result of something he knew, if he ever had any premonition whatsoever of dying soon.
Following his untimely death, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has released a compilation of Ultimate Warrior's classic pictures. See it here.
Ultimate Warrior made his debut in 1987. According to WWE.com, Ultimate Warrior's biggest feat took place at Wrestlemania 6 when he defeated Hulk Hogan. The event was held in Toronto's Skydome with more than 60,000 viewers. It was Ultimate Warrior's first-ever and only WWE Championship. The same night he defeated Hulk Hogan, he snagged both the Intercontinental and WWE titles and went on to defend the title for nine months before losing it to Sgt Slaughter at Royal Rumble in 1991. He retired from wrestling seven years later in 1998.
On April 6, Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The following day, he appeared on Raw, wore a mask showing his signature face paint, and gave a gruff and rasping speech which now echoes a little spooky as he somewhat spoke about death. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe his final breath." He died at the age 54, leaving thousands of his supporters with feeling that a part of their childhood was taken away from them. He is survived by his wife Dana and two daughters.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier