Ultimate Warrior Died from Heart Attack Based on Autopsy Results; See Classic Photos of the Former Pro Wrestling Legend
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:38 AM EST
On April 8, Ultimate Warrior collapsed while walking with his wife towards their car at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the latest autopsy results revealed that the cause of Ultimate Warrior's death was heart attack.
The medical examiner who carried out the autopsy on the former pro wrestler said that he has died from "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or what is commonly known as heart disease, TMZ reported. The entertainment gossip Web site further reported that the authorities have ruled out alcohol or drugs as being the root cause of the 54-year-old wrestler's death and stated that his sudden demise is due to death from natural causes. However, further details on his health weren't revealed. People could only wonder if Ultimate Warrior's speech on Raw was a result of something he knew, if he ever had any premonition whatsoever of dying soon.
Following his untimely death, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has released a compilation of Ultimate Warrior's classic pictures. See it here.
Ultimate Warrior made his debut in 1987. According to WWE.com, Ultimate Warrior's biggest feat took place at Wrestlemania 6 when he defeated Hulk Hogan. The event was held in Toronto's Skydome with more than 60,000 viewers. It was Ultimate Warrior's first-ever and only WWE Championship. The same night he defeated Hulk Hogan, he snagged both the Intercontinental and WWE titles and went on to defend the title for nine months before losing it to Sgt Slaughter at Royal Rumble in 1991. He retired from wrestling seven years later in 1998.
On April 6, Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. The following day, he appeared on Raw, wore a mask showing his signature face paint, and gave a gruff and rasping speech which now echoes a little spooky as he somewhat spoke about death. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe his final breath." He died at the age 54, leaving thousands of his supporters with feeling that a part of their childhood was taken away from them. He is survived by his wife Dana and two daughters.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine