Lamar Odom is an Inch Closer to Getting NBA Career Back – To Sign with New York Knicks Before the End of Current Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Lamar Odom seems to be just shrugging off the issues that involve his soon-to-be ex-wife Khloe Kardashian, who reportedly had been seeing rapper French Montana very often in the past few days, as he keeps on going with his daily life and focusing on his sport. A new report says that Lamar might be an inch closer to getting his National Basketball Association (NBA) career back because the New York Knicks team that he once played for is contemplating on signing him before the end of the season.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
According to ESPN.com, the Knicks has expressed their interest to sign Lamar to the team ever since his short basketball contract with Spain's Baskonia (Laboral Kutxa) has ended. Lamar's former coach Phil Jackson, who currently serves as Knicks' president, apparently has had a great influence for the team.
"The Knicks, at the behest of new team president Phil Jackson, have been looking into the possibility of signing Odom since the 34-year-old stint playing in Spain ended and are weighing whether to go through with adding the Queens native to their roster before the regular season ends," wrote the Web site as told by their sources. Recently, it has been reported that Jackson had met up with Lamar during the match between the Knicks and New Jersey Nets.
Furthermore, a report by Hollywood Life confirmed that Lamar may really get to put on an NBA uniform soon. Sources revealed that negotiations are underway and the odds are in favour of him. "He may sign with the team to play in the last few games of the regular season and also play with them next year," the source said. It is likely that an announcement will be made soon because the Knicks management would decide if they will sign Lamar or not by April 19 or 20.
Do you think it would be really a great idea for Jackson or the Knicks to sign Lamar? The 34-year-old athlete didn't even last to fulfill his contract with Spain's Baskonia, so would he be able to do great things for the NBA considering that he has back problems? It may really be risk to sign Lamar at this point in time, don't you think?
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage