Lamar Odom is an Inch Closer to Getting NBA Career Back – To Sign with New York Knicks Before the End of Current Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 15, 2014 11:33 AM EST
Lamar Odom seems to be just shrugging off the issues that involve his soon-to-be ex-wife Khloe Kardashian, who reportedly had been seeing rapper French Montana very often in the past few days, as he keeps on going with his daily life and focusing on his sport. A new report says that Lamar might be an inch closer to getting his National Basketball Association (NBA) career back because the New York Knicks team that he once played for is contemplating on signing him before the end of the season.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan March 5, 2013.
According to ESPN.com, the Knicks has expressed their interest to sign Lamar to the team ever since his short basketball contract with Spain's Baskonia (Laboral Kutxa) has ended. Lamar's former coach Phil Jackson, who currently serves as Knicks' president, apparently has had a great influence for the team.
"The Knicks, at the behest of new team president Phil Jackson, have been looking into the possibility of signing Odom since the 34-year-old stint playing in Spain ended and are weighing whether to go through with adding the Queens native to their roster before the regular season ends," wrote the Web site as told by their sources. Recently, it has been reported that Jackson had met up with Lamar during the match between the Knicks and New Jersey Nets.
Furthermore, a report by Hollywood Life confirmed that Lamar may really get to put on an NBA uniform soon. Sources revealed that negotiations are underway and the odds are in favour of him. "He may sign with the team to play in the last few games of the regular season and also play with them next year," the source said. It is likely that an announcement will be made soon because the Knicks management would decide if they will sign Lamar or not by April 19 or 20.
Do you think it would be really a great idea for Jackson or the Knicks to sign Lamar? The 34-year-old athlete didn't even last to fulfill his contract with Spain's Baskonia, so would he be able to do great things for the NBA considering that he has back problems? It may really be risk to sign Lamar at this point in time, don't you think?
MORE ENTERTAINMENT/SPORTS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast