HTC One M8: HTC to Release Plastic Variant of Android Smartphone with a Lower Price Tag in May?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 15, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC used the all-metal build for the HTC One M8 but the latest rumours surrounding the new HTC device claim that a plastic variant will be released in May 2014. The plastic variant is expected to still have the same features and specs of the metal HTC One M8 with the lower price tag.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be priced at $483 while the all-metal build costs approximately $850. However, it is indistinct if certain device features and specs such as the processor, RAM and camera gets replaced with non-expensive options for a lower-priced device.
As for the HTC device's release date, the Android Headlines report claim the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be arriving in May 2014. HTC will reportedly release as well their HTC Butterfly device having comparable feature and specs to the HTC One M8 but with a big difference when it comes to the camera.
The leaked benchmark results on the upcoming HTC Butterfly reveal that the device will sport a 13MP camera which is different from the HTC One M8 UltraPixel shooter. "You could look at it that the plastic Butterfly is the same device just a different build material. To make up for the lack of metal, they could throw on a 13MP shooter. As you can tell, details are unclear," the AH report noted.
The plastic HTC One M8 is expected to have the same features and specs of the original HTC One M8. The new HTC device announced last March 2014 boasts with the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6 UI, the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Other device features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera with the camera features of automatic simultaneous video and image recording, face and smile detection, HDR and panorama, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery and colour options of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues