HTC One M8: HTC to Release Plastic Variant of Android Smartphone with a Lower Price Tag in May?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 15, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC used the all-metal build for the HTC One M8 but the latest rumours surrounding the new HTC device claim that a plastic variant will be released in May 2014. The plastic variant is expected to still have the same features and specs of the metal HTC One M8 with the lower price tag.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be priced at $483 while the all-metal build costs approximately $850. However, it is indistinct if certain device features and specs such as the processor, RAM and camera gets replaced with non-expensive options for a lower-priced device.
As for the HTC device's release date, the Android Headlines report claim the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be arriving in May 2014. HTC will reportedly release as well their HTC Butterfly device having comparable feature and specs to the HTC One M8 but with a big difference when it comes to the camera.
The leaked benchmark results on the upcoming HTC Butterfly reveal that the device will sport a 13MP camera which is different from the HTC One M8 UltraPixel shooter. "You could look at it that the plastic Butterfly is the same device just a different build material. To make up for the lack of metal, they could throw on a 13MP shooter. As you can tell, details are unclear," the AH report noted.
The plastic HTC One M8 is expected to have the same features and specs of the original HTC One M8. The new HTC device announced last March 2014 boasts with the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6 UI, the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Other device features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera with the camera features of automatic simultaneous video and image recording, face and smile detection, HDR and panorama, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery and colour options of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation