HTC One M8: HTC to Release Plastic Variant of Android Smartphone with a Lower Price Tag in May?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 15, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC used the all-metal build for the HTC One M8 but the latest rumours surrounding the new HTC device claim that a plastic variant will be released in May 2014. The plastic variant is expected to still have the same features and specs of the metal HTC One M8 with the lower price tag.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be priced at $483 while the all-metal build costs approximately $850. However, it is indistinct if certain device features and specs such as the processor, RAM and camera gets replaced with non-expensive options for a lower-priced device.
As for the HTC device's release date, the Android Headlines report claim the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be arriving in May 2014. HTC will reportedly release as well their HTC Butterfly device having comparable feature and specs to the HTC One M8 but with a big difference when it comes to the camera.
The leaked benchmark results on the upcoming HTC Butterfly reveal that the device will sport a 13MP camera which is different from the HTC One M8 UltraPixel shooter. "You could look at it that the plastic Butterfly is the same device just a different build material. To make up for the lack of metal, they could throw on a 13MP shooter. As you can tell, details are unclear," the AH report noted.
The plastic HTC One M8 is expected to have the same features and specs of the original HTC One M8. The new HTC device announced last March 2014 boasts with the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6 UI, the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Other device features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera with the camera features of automatic simultaneous video and image recording, face and smile detection, HDR and panorama, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery and colour options of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia