HTC One M8: HTC to Release Plastic Variant of Android Smartphone with a Lower Price Tag in May?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 15, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC used the all-metal build for the HTC One M8 but the latest rumours surrounding the new HTC device claim that a plastic variant will be released in May 2014. The plastic variant is expected to still have the same features and specs of the metal HTC One M8 with the lower price tag.
According to the Ubergizmo report, the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be priced at $483 while the all-metal build costs approximately $850. However, it is indistinct if certain device features and specs such as the processor, RAM and camera gets replaced with non-expensive options for a lower-priced device.
As for the HTC device's release date, the Android Headlines report claim the HTC One M8 plastic variant will be arriving in May 2014. HTC will reportedly release as well their HTC Butterfly device having comparable feature and specs to the HTC One M8 but with a big difference when it comes to the camera.
The leaked benchmark results on the upcoming HTC Butterfly reveal that the device will sport a 13MP camera which is different from the HTC One M8 UltraPixel shooter. "You could look at it that the plastic Butterfly is the same device just a different build material. To make up for the lack of metal, they could throw on a 13MP shooter. As you can tell, details are unclear," the AH report noted.
The plastic HTC One M8 is expected to have the same features and specs of the original HTC One M8. The new HTC device announced last March 2014 boasts with the 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HTC Sense 6 UI, the 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Other device features and specs include the dual 4MP primary camera with autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP secondary camera with the camera features of automatic simultaneous video and image recording, face and smile detection, HDR and panorama, internal storage capacities of 16GB or 32GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through the microSD card slot, a 2600mAh non-removable Li-Po battery and colour options of Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage