Coachella 2014: Beyonce, Most Retweeted Artist; Lorde's Performance, Biggest Moment of the Day
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 15, 2014 9:17 AM EST
It was a windy day at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, but it didn't stop Beyonce, Lorde and Pharrell Williams from hauling in the most responses from the crowd after their great performances on stage.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
Billboard.com reported that from Friday to Saturday, April 11 & 12, 2014, Twitter received 1 million tweets with #Coachella and #Coachella2014 hashtags, and Beyonce reportedly got the most retweets at the Coachella event.
According to Twitter statistics, Beyonce was at first place with more than 74,000 mentions on Twitter. The staggering numbers were reportedly because of her performance with her sister Solange Knowles, so now Beyonce is named the "Most Retweeted Artist" at the Coachella 2014 event, followed by Lorde, Pharrell, Nas and Jay Z.
Meanwhile, billboard.com also reported that Twitter mentions made Lorde's performance as the biggest moment of the festival. Lorde was seen wearing a "warrior princess" getup with white flowing dress and windswept hair.
"Throngs of supporters hung on every odd girl out narrative or sh Williamsarp social critique, and she thanked them in kind for making the wildest dreams of a 'kid from New Zealand' come true," the report stated.
According to music.com.au, the young superstar used to play clubs in Sydney and Melbourne, but apparently the young artist has now risen to the top and aims to perform in front of a larger audience. And now Lorde's new album "Make Desert" is making noises, again, in the music industry.
The crowd was reportedly spellbound by all the performances despite the wind, "dancing and singing along to "Million Dollar Bills" and "Tennis Court" in a chorus of thousands."
But not everyone seemed to have been able to adopt from the wind. Pharrell Williams was reportedly the most victimized among all Coachella 2014 performers. According to a Los Angeles Times report, Williams complained about the wind at least three times, pertaining to it as "stupid" because "it was ravaging his voice and had forced him to scale back his stage production."
"And, indeed, by the end of his hour-long set, his vocals had become not much more than a hoarse bark," the reporter remarked. Still, Williams reportedly got 36,000 mentions on Twitter with his performance that included a guest appearance from Gwen Stefani.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements