Coachella 2014: Beyonce, Most Retweeted Artist; Lorde's Performance, Biggest Moment of the Day
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 15, 2014 9:17 AM EST
It was a windy day at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, but it didn't stop Beyonce, Lorde and Pharrell Williams from hauling in the most responses from the crowd after their great performances on stage.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
Billboard.com reported that from Friday to Saturday, April 11 & 12, 2014, Twitter received 1 million tweets with #Coachella and #Coachella2014 hashtags, and Beyonce reportedly got the most retweets at the Coachella event.
According to Twitter statistics, Beyonce was at first place with more than 74,000 mentions on Twitter. The staggering numbers were reportedly because of her performance with her sister Solange Knowles, so now Beyonce is named the "Most Retweeted Artist" at the Coachella 2014 event, followed by Lorde, Pharrell, Nas and Jay Z.
Meanwhile, billboard.com also reported that Twitter mentions made Lorde's performance as the biggest moment of the festival. Lorde was seen wearing a "warrior princess" getup with white flowing dress and windswept hair.
"Throngs of supporters hung on every odd girl out narrative or sh Williamsarp social critique, and she thanked them in kind for making the wildest dreams of a 'kid from New Zealand' come true," the report stated.
According to music.com.au, the young superstar used to play clubs in Sydney and Melbourne, but apparently the young artist has now risen to the top and aims to perform in front of a larger audience. And now Lorde's new album "Make Desert" is making noises, again, in the music industry.
The crowd was reportedly spellbound by all the performances despite the wind, "dancing and singing along to "Million Dollar Bills" and "Tennis Court" in a chorus of thousands."
But not everyone seemed to have been able to adopt from the wind. Pharrell Williams was reportedly the most victimized among all Coachella 2014 performers. According to a Los Angeles Times report, Williams complained about the wind at least three times, pertaining to it as "stupid" because "it was ravaging his voice and had forced him to scale back his stage production."
"And, indeed, by the end of his hour-long set, his vocals had become not much more than a hoarse bark," the reporter remarked. Still, Williams reportedly got 36,000 mentions on Twitter with his performance that included a guest appearance from Gwen Stefani.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family