Coachella 2014: Beyonce, Most Retweeted Artist; Lorde's Performance, Biggest Moment of the Day
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 15, 2014 9:17 AM EST
It was a windy day at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, but it didn't stop Beyonce, Lorde and Pharrell Williams from hauling in the most responses from the crowd after their great performances on stage.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014.
Billboard.com reported that from Friday to Saturday, April 11 & 12, 2014, Twitter received 1 million tweets with #Coachella and #Coachella2014 hashtags, and Beyonce reportedly got the most retweets at the Coachella event.
According to Twitter statistics, Beyonce was at first place with more than 74,000 mentions on Twitter. The staggering numbers were reportedly because of her performance with her sister Solange Knowles, so now Beyonce is named the "Most Retweeted Artist" at the Coachella 2014 event, followed by Lorde, Pharrell, Nas and Jay Z.
Meanwhile, billboard.com also reported that Twitter mentions made Lorde's performance as the biggest moment of the festival. Lorde was seen wearing a "warrior princess" getup with white flowing dress and windswept hair.
"Throngs of supporters hung on every odd girl out narrative or sh Williamsarp social critique, and she thanked them in kind for making the wildest dreams of a 'kid from New Zealand' come true," the report stated.
According to music.com.au, the young superstar used to play clubs in Sydney and Melbourne, but apparently the young artist has now risen to the top and aims to perform in front of a larger audience. And now Lorde's new album "Make Desert" is making noises, again, in the music industry.
The crowd was reportedly spellbound by all the performances despite the wind, "dancing and singing along to "Million Dollar Bills" and "Tennis Court" in a chorus of thousands."
But not everyone seemed to have been able to adopt from the wind. Pharrell Williams was reportedly the most victimized among all Coachella 2014 performers. According to a Los Angeles Times report, Williams complained about the wind at least three times, pertaining to it as "stupid" because "it was ravaging his voice and had forced him to scale back his stage production."
"And, indeed, by the end of his hour-long set, his vocals had become not much more than a hoarse bark," the reporter remarked. Still, Williams reportedly got 36,000 mentions on Twitter with his performance that included a guest appearance from Gwen Stefani.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools