Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Agree to £50million Move for Madrid Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 8:03 AM EST
Chelsea will pay an astounding £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa, according to Spanish news agency El Confidencial.
Chelsea have reportedly agreed to pay £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is keen on bringing in a world-class striker to his side as he looks to build a squad that could dominate domestic and continental scenes in the years to come.
The Brazilian-born Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 26 goals and 4 assists in 30 starts in the La Liga, while netting 7 and turning provider once in his 6 appearances in the Champions League.
The Rojiblancos are sitting on top of the Spanish top-flight table at the moment, three points clear off second-placed Real Madrid, while making it to the semi-finals in the Champions League, thanks mainly to the 25-year-old's remarkable form in front of goal.
Costa has been the subject of speculations in the recent months and his rising status might convince Jose Mourinho that he is worth a splurge.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date