Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Agree to £50million Move for Madrid Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 8:03 AM EST
Chelsea will pay an astounding £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa, according to Spanish news agency El Confidencial.
Chelsea have reportedly agreed to pay £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is keen on bringing in a world-class striker to his side as he looks to build a squad that could dominate domestic and continental scenes in the years to come.
The Brazilian-born Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 26 goals and 4 assists in 30 starts in the La Liga, while netting 7 and turning provider once in his 6 appearances in the Champions League.
The Rojiblancos are sitting on top of the Spanish top-flight table at the moment, three points clear off second-placed Real Madrid, while making it to the semi-finals in the Champions League, thanks mainly to the 25-year-old's remarkable form in front of goal.
Costa has been the subject of speculations in the recent months and his rising status might convince Jose Mourinho that he is worth a splurge.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider