Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Agree to £50million Move for Madrid Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 8:03 AM EST
Chelsea will pay an astounding £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa, according to Spanish news agency El Confidencial.
Chelsea have reportedly agreed to pay £50million for Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is keen on bringing in a world-class striker to his side as he looks to build a squad that could dominate domestic and continental scenes in the years to come.
The Brazilian-born Spain international has, so far, tallied a total of 26 goals and 4 assists in 30 starts in the La Liga, while netting 7 and turning provider once in his 6 appearances in the Champions League.
The Rojiblancos are sitting on top of the Spanish top-flight table at the moment, three points clear off second-placed Real Madrid, while making it to the semi-finals in the Champions League, thanks mainly to the 25-year-old's remarkable form in front of goal.
Costa has been the subject of speculations in the recent months and his rising status might convince Jose Mourinho that he is worth a splurge.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu