Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Plot Raid for Arsenal Defender, Claims Insider
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 5:57 AM EST
Liverpool are claimed to be plotting potential raid on Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny this summer, as the Gunners struggle to qualify for Europe's top competition.
An insider reveals that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is keen on signing Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny
The north London club are currently two points behind rivals Everton, who are occupying the fourth spot in the English Premier League, while the Reds are on the verge of clinching the title - two points clear off second-placed Chelsea and seven ahead of Manchester City, with the latter, though, having two games in hand.
Football Direct News reported that an insider revealed that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to strengthen his squad's defensive line, considering the France international as a viable target, should the Gunners fail to make a top-four finish this season.
The 28-year-old started all of his 27 and 8 appearances in the Premier League and Champions League, respectively, for the Arsene Wenger-led side, with only injuries preventing him from seeing game-time.
He has formed a great partnership at the back with fellow centre-back Per Mertesacker that recorded an impressive two-year run without a defeat when they were playing alongside one another for full 90 minutes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions