Chelsea FC News: Blues Rooted for Liverpool against City, Admits Club Captain
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 2:42 AM EST
Chelsea captain John Terry admitted that his side were rooting for Liverpool on Sunday, as the race gets tighter in clinching the English Premier League crown.
“We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it’s probably the one we wanted." John Terry
The Meseyside outfit came out with a 3-2 victory against Manchester City, who still has two more games to play, which may theoretically place the Blues at third place and just a point away from the second spot, should City win the two games in hand.
"We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it's probably the one we wanted," said Terry.
"We've won our game and the pressure is still on the teams above and below us. We knew we would make it very easy for them if didn't win our games, regardless of the result at Anfield."
"Patience was the key, especially after they had their man sent off not long into the game. Sometimes we weren't patient or at our best but we got the three points."
The west Londoners still has a legitimate shot at the title with Liverpool among their opponents in their last four games, along with Sunderland, Norwich, and Cardiff.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013