Chelsea FC News: Blues Rooted for Liverpool against City, Admits Club Captain
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 2:42 AM EST
Chelsea captain John Terry admitted that his side were rooting for Liverpool on Sunday, as the race gets tighter in clinching the English Premier League crown.
“We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it’s probably the one we wanted." John Terry
The Meseyside outfit came out with a 3-2 victory against Manchester City, who still has two more games to play, which may theoretically place the Blues at third place and just a point away from the second spot, should City win the two games in hand.
"We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it's probably the one we wanted," said Terry.
"We've won our game and the pressure is still on the teams above and below us. We knew we would make it very easy for them if didn't win our games, regardless of the result at Anfield."
"Patience was the key, especially after they had their man sent off not long into the game. Sometimes we weren't patient or at our best but we got the three points."
The west Londoners still has a legitimate shot at the title with Liverpool among their opponents in their last four games, along with Sunderland, Norwich, and Cardiff.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS