Chelsea FC News: Blues Rooted for Liverpool against City, Admits Club Captain
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 2:42 AM EST
Chelsea captain John Terry admitted that his side were rooting for Liverpool on Sunday, as the race gets tighter in clinching the English Premier League crown.
“We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it’s probably the one we wanted." John Terry
The Meseyside outfit came out with a 3-2 victory against Manchester City, who still has two more games to play, which may theoretically place the Blues at third place and just a point away from the second spot, should City win the two games in hand.
"We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it's probably the one we wanted," said Terry.
"We've won our game and the pressure is still on the teams above and below us. We knew we would make it very easy for them if didn't win our games, regardless of the result at Anfield."
"Patience was the key, especially after they had their man sent off not long into the game. Sometimes we weren't patient or at our best but we got the three points."
The west Londoners still has a legitimate shot at the title with Liverpool among their opponents in their last four games, along with Sunderland, Norwich, and Cardiff.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles