Chelsea FC News: Blues Rooted for Liverpool against City, Admits Club Captain
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 2:42 AM EST
Chelsea captain John Terry admitted that his side were rooting for Liverpool on Sunday, as the race gets tighter in clinching the English Premier League crown.
“We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it’s probably the one we wanted." John Terry
The Meseyside outfit came out with a 3-2 victory against Manchester City, who still has two more games to play, which may theoretically place the Blues at third place and just a point away from the second spot, should City win the two games in hand.
"We obviously knew about the Liverpool result and it's probably the one we wanted," said Terry.
"We've won our game and the pressure is still on the teams above and below us. We knew we would make it very easy for them if didn't win our games, regardless of the result at Anfield."
"Patience was the key, especially after they had their man sent off not long into the game. Sometimes we weren't patient or at our best but we got the three points."
The west Londoners still has a legitimate shot at the title with Liverpool among their opponents in their last four games, along with Sunderland, Norwich, and Cardiff.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales