Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Propose Playmaker-for-Playmaker Exchange to Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 15, 2014 2:03 AM EST
Chelsea are reported to be interested in proposing a player-to-player trade involving Blues playmaker Oscar and Real Madrid's Luka Modric, claims Spanish news agency La Sexta.
Chelsea interested in swapping Oscar for Real Madrid's Luka Modric
Jose Mourinho is looking to make key purchases this summer, particularly for his squad's attacking line, but funds to back such a move might be insufficient as Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is suggested to be in a more prudent state when it comes to making big-money transfers.
As a consequence, the Portuguese manager will have to offload some of his prized assets in order to effectively accomplish his proposed team overhaul.
The Croatia international Modric has thrived under the guidance of the "Special One" in Spain's capital in his debut season, playing numerous positions from being a pivot to supporting strikers as an attacking midfielder, as opposed to the one-dimensional Brazilian, Oscar, who, is so far, deployed only upfront.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones