New Assassin’s Creed Game Heading to Ancient Rome?
By Aditya Bhat | April 15, 2014 12:46 AM EST
Ubisoft is reportedly taking its next action-adventure title from the Assassin's Creed series far from the Americas and back to Europe, with the likely setting being ancient Rome.
Jade Raymond, managing director, Ubisoft Toronto revealed that the next title is sailing to ancient Rome. While speaking about the game's commercial success since it debuted in 2007, which she had produced, she stated: "I think the key to a popular game is a good core fantasy. In Assassin's Creed, there is the obvious part: Who doesn't want to be a badass assassin?" The Grid quoted her.
"But then there is an additional element of getting to relive and play a role in these pivotal moments in history. We work with historians to recreate these societies-ancient Rome, the French Revolution. And because each game is crafted in a new era, players don't get tired of it," Raymond added.
It had been earlier reported on IBTimes IN that Paris during the French Revolution is most likely setting for Assassin's Creed: Unity, which is being developed for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Meanwhile, there have also been rumors that Ubisoft is working on another game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 separately. The report that Ubisoft was working on two Assassin's Creed games was leaked by Examiner and then supported by Kotaku. While the first one is Assassin's Creed: Unity, the second game was reportedly leaked as Assassin's Creed: Comet that allows players to travel to the Atlantic.
Ubisoft had covered the Third Crusade and Renaissance in previous titles Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood set in the sixteenth century Rome.
In a survey that was undertaken by Ubisoft in 2011, ancient Rome during the rise of Caesar was mentioned. Apart from that periods like medieval China, feudal Japan and Victorian England were also mentioned.
Ubisoft's latest game Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag was set in the Carribbean Islandds and during the Golden Age of Piracy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid