Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Expected Soon for Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One Series and More; Android 4.5 Announcement at Google I/O 2014?
By Raymond Ronamai | April 14, 2014 11:14 PM EST
Amid speculations that Google may release Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for several devices like Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One M8, Moto G and others in April, it's being reported that Google may announce Android 4.5 Lollipop at its I/O 2014 conference in June.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
The new Operating System, Android 4.5 Lollipop is expected to be launched at the Google's I/O conference and release of Android 4.4.3 KitKat too may happen soon with testing unlikely to take more than a month, according to Android Origin website.
Registration for Google's annual developers conference, I/O was supposed to take place on 8 April, but it has been postponed to 15 April. The search engine's mega event will be held on 25-26 June in San Francisco.
The Android 4.4.3 KitKat update is expected to be made available in mid April, before Android 4.5 Lollipop is announced. The firmware update will be available for several Android devices like Samsung Galaxy S4, Moto G, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, HTC One Google Play Edition and a few others.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat will fix several bugs that have affected the smartphones of millions of people around the world. A bug called, 'mm-qcamera-daemon' reportedly drained the battery and camera of Nexus 5. Several issues like random reboot, regularise camera focus, DSP errors, app shortcuts, security issues, bluetooth problem and others have also been reported and the upcoming OS will fix them.
LlabTooFeR, ROM developer and HTC insider, had earlier hinted that HTC One Google Play Edition would get Android 4.4.3 KitKat update soon without specifying the release date by tweeting that testing of the firmware had begun.
Android 4.4 KitKat, which was released in September 2013, was replaced by Android 4.4.1, helping to fix a small problem in Nexus 5 camera. The OS was later replaced by Android 4.4.2, which is seen in the latest smartphones, including the recently released Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More