Pacquiao Snatches Bradley's WBO Welterweight Title And Undefeated Record, Filipino’s Camp Scrambles to Get a Bout With Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 14, 2014 11:12 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao has successfully defeated Timothy Bradley in a very convincing manner, taking away the American boxer's World Boxing Organization (WBO) Welterweight title and was the only boxer to give Bradley his first defeat in his entire professional boxing career.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines during a news conference in Las Vegas
After Pacquiao's victory against Bradley, his camp has reportedly been "pushing for talks" to finally pursue his fight against Floyd Mayweather. Will Mayweather give Pacquiao a shot at his unbeaten record? That is, if Mayweather wins against Marcos Maidana on the upcoming clash on May 3?
According to Latinmes.com, there is no point holding the megafight between Pacquiao and Mayweather. Although it would be difficult to identify how anyone from both camps will negotiate the biggest fight, a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout is once again on the table, the Web site further cited.
Pacquiao's Promoter Bob Arum has revealed they are currently anticipating the winner of the Juan Manuel Marquez and Mike Alvarado fight, but also mantioned they would more than willing to postpone the talks if Mayweather is also willing to talk about it.
Mayweather has revealed that he is not going to do business with Arum anymore. Regardless, it clearly seems that Arum is open for discussions to make the fight happen.
"If they told me they'd sit down and wanted a serious meeting, then I'd delay til whenever," Arum said.
Even before Pacquiao faced Bradley, he had already called out on Mayweather and said he is still open to fight him. After his rematch with Bradley, he stood by with what he said and uttered that Mayweather can contact him anytime he wants.
"It's really hard to talk about that fight," Pacquiao said. "How many years have we talked about it and it hasn't happened," he added. "Like I said, my line remains open 24 hours, seven days a week."
Arum even urged boxing fans to boycott Mayweather's fight against Maidana on May 3 to make the Pacquiao fight happen.
"The only people who can make Floyd Mayweather fight Manny is the public," Arum stressed.
"If they boycott the nonsense on May 3, there's not a downside to sitting down and trying to make it happen."
"Any excuse for it not happening is just posturing," Arum noted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU