Memphis or Phoenix for Last Spot in Western Conference, Grizzlies vs. Suns Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 14, 2014 11:08 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns are the most surprising team in the 2013-2014 NBA Season. Pegged as lottery-bound, Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe and the rest of the upstart Suns can put an exclamation point on their efforts so far if they make the postseason.
NBA: Phoenix Suns at Toronto Raptors
To do that they’ll need help from the Memphis Grizzlies, who are battling them for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Suns meet the Grizz on Monday night and a Memphis win sends Marc Gasol and Mike Conley to the playoffs and a Phoenix win will allow the Suns to live for another day.
Memphis holds the tiebreaker between these two teams—the Suns need to win over the Sacramento Kings their final game of the regular season and hope that the Grizzlies lose theirs against the Mavs team.
The Grizzlies treated the Suns to a 110-91 blowout in teams’ first meeting on December 2 and took the last two, 99-91 and 104-99 in January.
The Suns are one of the highest scoring teams in the league averaging 105.4 points per game—7th in the NBA. The Grizzlies meanwhile have one of the toughest defenses in the league allowing only 94.5 PPG—3rd best.
Owing to a tougher schedule, the Suns have faded late losing to Texas teams Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs in their last two games.
Bledsoe had 29 points on 11 of 15 shooting in the costly loss to the Mavericks, which clinched a playoff spot with the win. Goran Dragic missed 12 of 18 shots to finish with only 13 points with 4 assists
Memphis has won three in a row including the last two against lottery-bound teams Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers.
Marc Gasol had 18 markers and 15 rebounds in the 102-90 win over the Lakers while Mike Conley finished with 24 points and 8 assists for the Grizzlies.
Watch this crucial match-up between the Grizzlies and Suns via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James