Memphis or Phoenix for Last Spot in Western Conference, Grizzlies vs. Suns Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 14, 2014 11:08 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns are the most surprising team in the 2013-2014 NBA Season. Pegged as lottery-bound, Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe and the rest of the upstart Suns can put an exclamation point on their efforts so far if they make the postseason.
NBA: Phoenix Suns at Toronto Raptors
To do that they’ll need help from the Memphis Grizzlies, who are battling them for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Suns meet the Grizz on Monday night and a Memphis win sends Marc Gasol and Mike Conley to the playoffs and a Phoenix win will allow the Suns to live for another day.
Memphis holds the tiebreaker between these two teams—the Suns need to win over the Sacramento Kings their final game of the regular season and hope that the Grizzlies lose theirs against the Mavs team.
The Grizzlies treated the Suns to a 110-91 blowout in teams’ first meeting on December 2 and took the last two, 99-91 and 104-99 in January.
The Suns are one of the highest scoring teams in the league averaging 105.4 points per game—7th in the NBA. The Grizzlies meanwhile have one of the toughest defenses in the league allowing only 94.5 PPG—3rd best.
Owing to a tougher schedule, the Suns have faded late losing to Texas teams Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs in their last two games.
Bledsoe had 29 points on 11 of 15 shooting in the costly loss to the Mavericks, which clinched a playoff spot with the win. Goran Dragic missed 12 of 18 shots to finish with only 13 points with 4 assists
Memphis has won three in a row including the last two against lottery-bound teams Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers.
Marc Gasol had 18 markers and 15 rebounds in the 102-90 win over the Lakers while Mike Conley finished with 24 points and 8 assists for the Grizzlies.
Watch this crucial match-up between the Grizzlies and Suns via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia