Deepika Padukone Refuses Rishi Kapoor's Reference, Turns Down 'Kaanchi' Item Song
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 14, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Actress Deepika Padukone has done the unthinkable, declining senior actor Rishi Kapoor's reference.
Kapoor had apparently suggested Padukone's name for an item number in Subhash Ghai's upcoming film "Kaanchi."
As surprising as it may sound, the 61-year-old went out of his way and approached the actress, to feature in an item number in Ghai's film. But Padukone stating her reservations turned down the offer eventually.
"After hearing the song, my actor friend (Rishi Kapoor) sent a message to Deepika to do my item number as he felt it was an amazing song to dance to, and that Deepika would be apt to do this special appearance. But she declined gently as she is not inclined to doing special appearances. She'd rather play the main lead," the filmmaker told Hindustan Times.
However, instead of holding grudge against Padukone, the filmmaker appeared quite pleased with the actress' rejection and welcomed her decision.
"I was relieved because I was in two minds, as I kept thinking that a big star's special appearance can be harmful for the new cast of the film. I am the least in favour of such appearances because they show the lack of confidence or greed for money or marketing gimmicks. I want to make "Kaanchi" with utmost sincerity and that will pay for sure," assured Ghai to the tabloid.
But more than the actress' rejection of the item song, we were surprised that Kapoor suggested Padukone's name voluntarily when a cold equation between the two is an open secret.
If one recalls, Padukone had openly made unfavourable comments on Kapoor's star son Ranbir in "Koffee with Karan" during its last season. The actress's comment had certainly not gone down well with the senior actor and he had voiced his displeasure openly.
Also it has been rumoured that Padukone and Ranbir's once strong relation fell apart since the latter's parents disapproved the actress as their son's partner.
But despite the prevailing equation, Kapoor's forthcoming gesture makes us wonder whether the actor is back on good terms with Padukone or is he trying to mend the differences and extending olive branch to the actress.
Take a look at the Padukone and Sonam Kapoor's controversial jibes at Ranbir Kapoor in "Koffee with Karan" Season 3:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People