Deepika Padukone Refuses Rishi Kapoor's Reference, Turns Down 'Kaanchi' Item Song
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 14, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Actress Deepika Padukone has done the unthinkable, declining senior actor Rishi Kapoor's reference.
Kapoor had apparently suggested Padukone's name for an item number in Subhash Ghai's upcoming film "Kaanchi."
As surprising as it may sound, the 61-year-old went out of his way and approached the actress, to feature in an item number in Ghai's film. But Padukone stating her reservations turned down the offer eventually.
"After hearing the song, my actor friend (Rishi Kapoor) sent a message to Deepika to do my item number as he felt it was an amazing song to dance to, and that Deepika would be apt to do this special appearance. But she declined gently as she is not inclined to doing special appearances. She'd rather play the main lead," the filmmaker told Hindustan Times.
However, instead of holding grudge against Padukone, the filmmaker appeared quite pleased with the actress' rejection and welcomed her decision.
"I was relieved because I was in two minds, as I kept thinking that a big star's special appearance can be harmful for the new cast of the film. I am the least in favour of such appearances because they show the lack of confidence or greed for money or marketing gimmicks. I want to make "Kaanchi" with utmost sincerity and that will pay for sure," assured Ghai to the tabloid.
But more than the actress' rejection of the item song, we were surprised that Kapoor suggested Padukone's name voluntarily when a cold equation between the two is an open secret.
If one recalls, Padukone had openly made unfavourable comments on Kapoor's star son Ranbir in "Koffee with Karan" during its last season. The actress's comment had certainly not gone down well with the senior actor and he had voiced his displeasure openly.
Also it has been rumoured that Padukone and Ranbir's once strong relation fell apart since the latter's parents disapproved the actress as their son's partner.
But despite the prevailing equation, Kapoor's forthcoming gesture makes us wonder whether the actor is back on good terms with Padukone or is he trying to mend the differences and extending olive branch to the actress.
Take a look at the Padukone and Sonam Kapoor's controversial jibes at Ranbir Kapoor in "Koffee with Karan" Season 3:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter