Honda Activa 125 Bookings Open in India; Launch Nears
By greeshma m | April 14, 2014 9:29 PM EST
The bookings for Honda's much awaited Activa 125 have opened in India with an advance payment of 5,000.
The dealerships of the company have commenced the booking for Activa 125 in India and the delivery of the vehicle will start as soon as the stock arrives, according to OverDrive. The report also noted that the top variant of the upcoming Activa 125 would cost around 70,000 on road.
The Activa 125 is expected to reach Indian shores by the end of April and will come in two variants - Standard and Deluxe.
What We Know So Far
Activa 125 which has been getting lot of attention since its appearance at the 2014 Delhi Auto expo will pack a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine under the hood .The engine can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm .
The scooter, a strong rival of Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo in India will come mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear. Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, 1,151 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. Promising a fuel efficiency of 60-65 kmpl, the Activa 125 is the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment which will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET).
Activa 125 will hit the market in four colours - midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver - and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
Technical Specifications of Honda Activa 125
Engine Type: 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, SI Engine
Max Power: 6.38 Kw (8.6 Bhp)@6500 rpm
Max Torque: 10.12 Nm@5500 rpm
Wheel Base: 1260mm
Seat Height: 765mm
Photo credit: honda2wheelersindia
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown