Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Beats Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' 3-Day Worldwide Collection
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 14, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" is doing exceptionally well in India and overseas markets.
The film has turned out to be the biggest opener (weekend/three days) in 2014 (so far) at the worldwide box office. The Allu Arjun starrer has surpassed the three-day worldwide collections of Ram Charan's "Yevadu," which hit the screens on 12 January.
"Yevadu" had minted around ₹21.65 crore worldwide share in three days. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the film's collections and has become the biggest opener (three days). The family entertainer has minted ₹22.53 crore share in its opening weekend at the worldwide box office. The film raked in ₹15.53 crore in AP/Nizam box office, whereas it earned ₹7 crore share from other areas including Karnataka, rest of India and overseas markets, according to Andhraboxoffice website. To look at the area-wise breakup of the film's collections, click HERE.
Although "Yevadu" had performed better than "Race Gurram" in AP/Nizam areas by earning ₹17.4 share in three days, the film failed to set the cash registers ringing in overseas markets. But, "Race Gurram" has been performing well in both India and foreign markets, which had helped the film to post a good total in its opening weekend.
Besides surpassing "Yevadu" three-day collections, "Race Gurram" has also outshined other big releases like "1: Nenokkadine" and "Legend." Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" had earned ₹18.6 crore in its first weekend, whereas Balakrishna's "Legend" fetched ₹17.2 crore share at worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" has been doing extraordinary business in the United States. The film has reportedly earned around $842,000 in its opening weekend including Thursday premieres. The Surender Reddy directorial has crossed the collections of Allu Arjun's "Julayi" in the US and is fast nearing the $1 million mark.
"#RaceGurram thurs: 102k, Fri: 205K, Sat: 320k, Sun: 215k weekend total: 842k USD in USA. reached total gross of Julayi. aiming for 1 Mil," Jeevi of Idlebrain tweeted.
Allu Arjun will become the fourth Telugu actor to enter into the elite $1 million club after Mahesh Babu, Pawan Kalyan and Jr NTR.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- New Couple Alert: Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder; 'The Vampire Diaries' Actress 'Hooking Up' With Co-Star Chris Wood—Report
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode