Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Beats Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' 3-Day Worldwide Collection
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 14, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" is doing exceptionally well in India and overseas markets.
The film has turned out to be the biggest opener (weekend/three days) in 2014 (so far) at the worldwide box office. The Allu Arjun starrer has surpassed the three-day worldwide collections of Ram Charan's "Yevadu," which hit the screens on 12 January.
"Yevadu" had minted around ₹21.65 crore worldwide share in three days. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the film's collections and has become the biggest opener (three days). The family entertainer has minted ₹22.53 crore share in its opening weekend at the worldwide box office. The film raked in ₹15.53 crore in AP/Nizam box office, whereas it earned ₹7 crore share from other areas including Karnataka, rest of India and overseas markets, according to Andhraboxoffice website. To look at the area-wise breakup of the film's collections, click HERE.
Although "Yevadu" had performed better than "Race Gurram" in AP/Nizam areas by earning ₹17.4 share in three days, the film failed to set the cash registers ringing in overseas markets. But, "Race Gurram" has been performing well in both India and foreign markets, which had helped the film to post a good total in its opening weekend.
Besides surpassing "Yevadu" three-day collections, "Race Gurram" has also outshined other big releases like "1: Nenokkadine" and "Legend." Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" had earned ₹18.6 crore in its first weekend, whereas Balakrishna's "Legend" fetched ₹17.2 crore share at worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" has been doing extraordinary business in the United States. The film has reportedly earned around $842,000 in its opening weekend including Thursday premieres. The Surender Reddy directorial has crossed the collections of Allu Arjun's "Julayi" in the US and is fast nearing the $1 million mark.
"#RaceGurram thurs: 102k, Fri: 205K, Sat: 320k, Sun: 215k weekend total: 842k USD in USA. reached total gross of Julayi. aiming for 1 Mil," Jeevi of Idlebrain tweeted.
Allu Arjun will become the fourth Telugu actor to enter into the elite $1 million club after Mahesh Babu, Pawan Kalyan and Jr NTR.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage