Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Beats Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' 3-Day Worldwide Collection
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 14, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" is doing exceptionally well in India and overseas markets.
The film has turned out to be the biggest opener (weekend/three days) in 2014 (so far) at the worldwide box office. The Allu Arjun starrer has surpassed the three-day worldwide collections of Ram Charan's "Yevadu," which hit the screens on 12 January.
"Yevadu" had minted around ₹21.65 crore worldwide share in three days. However, "Race Gurram" has surpassed the film's collections and has become the biggest opener (three days). The family entertainer has minted ₹22.53 crore share in its opening weekend at the worldwide box office. The film raked in ₹15.53 crore in AP/Nizam box office, whereas it earned ₹7 crore share from other areas including Karnataka, rest of India and overseas markets, according to Andhraboxoffice website. To look at the area-wise breakup of the film's collections, click HERE.
Although "Yevadu" had performed better than "Race Gurram" in AP/Nizam areas by earning ₹17.4 share in three days, the film failed to set the cash registers ringing in overseas markets. But, "Race Gurram" has been performing well in both India and foreign markets, which had helped the film to post a good total in its opening weekend.
Besides surpassing "Yevadu" three-day collections, "Race Gurram" has also outshined other big releases like "1: Nenokkadine" and "Legend." Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" had earned ₹18.6 crore in its first weekend, whereas Balakrishna's "Legend" fetched ₹17.2 crore share at worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" has been doing extraordinary business in the United States. The film has reportedly earned around $842,000 in its opening weekend including Thursday premieres. The Surender Reddy directorial has crossed the collections of Allu Arjun's "Julayi" in the US and is fast nearing the $1 million mark.
"#RaceGurram thurs: 102k, Fri: 205K, Sat: 320k, Sun: 215k weekend total: 842k USD in USA. reached total gross of Julayi. aiming for 1 Mil," Jeevi of Idlebrain tweeted.
Allu Arjun will become the fourth Telugu actor to enter into the elite $1 million club after Mahesh Babu, Pawan Kalyan and Jr NTR.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy