Telangana: KCR Confident of Winning Assembly Polls
By Rama Mohan | April 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
K. Chandrasekhara Rao-led Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in the Andhra Pradesh would not join the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA). Describing TRS as 100 per cent secular party, he stated that the party would join the Third Front, which is yet take its shape.
Telangana & Seemandhra
KCR said that he is in touch with leaders of the parties, which are intending to form the Third Front.
He stated that NDA would not win even 200 seats in this ongoing Lok Sabha election. KCR made it clear that TRS would not join hands with any communal party. NDA was in an illusion that it would form the next government at the Centre, he said.
KCR was addressing the first election meeting in Karimnagar after completing party's nomination process on 13 April, 2014. He claimed that political analysts were predicting the romping of Third Front in the Lok Sabha elections and form the next government at the Centre.
For the welfare of Telangana, to be carved out from Andhra Pradesh as the separate state on June 2, 2014, a secular government is essential, he added.
He urged people to vote TRS to gain power both in the State Assembly and the Lok Sabha, for which the polls are being held simultaneously in this April and May.
TRS wants to take up the task of re-building Telangana, he added. If TRS comes to power in the state, irrigation projects will be built to utilize the waters of Godavari and Krishna. Honouring the families of martyrs of Telangana movement and providing 24-hour power supply within three years of forming government by TRS are among the promises made by KCR.
Targeting Telugu Desam party and YSRCP in AP, KCR stated that there is no need of these parties in Telangana.
He predicted that TRS will win 80 to 85 Assembly seats out of the total 119 seats in Telangana. He expressed confidence that TRS will form the first State government in Telangana state.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- U.S. ‘Defends’ Israel for ‘Disgraceful’ Attack on UN School in Gaza that Killed 15
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- MH17: Separatist Soldier Holds Aussie Reporter at Gun Point
- NSW Braces for Severe Weather Condition
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools