Telangana: KCR Confident of Winning Assembly Polls
By Rama Mohan | April 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
K. Chandrasekhara Rao-led Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in the Andhra Pradesh would not join the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA). Describing TRS as 100 per cent secular party, he stated that the party would join the Third Front, which is yet take its shape.
Telangana & Seemandhra
KCR said that he is in touch with leaders of the parties, which are intending to form the Third Front.
He stated that NDA would not win even 200 seats in this ongoing Lok Sabha election. KCR made it clear that TRS would not join hands with any communal party. NDA was in an illusion that it would form the next government at the Centre, he said.
KCR was addressing the first election meeting in Karimnagar after completing party's nomination process on 13 April, 2014. He claimed that political analysts were predicting the romping of Third Front in the Lok Sabha elections and form the next government at the Centre.
For the welfare of Telangana, to be carved out from Andhra Pradesh as the separate state on June 2, 2014, a secular government is essential, he added.
He urged people to vote TRS to gain power both in the State Assembly and the Lok Sabha, for which the polls are being held simultaneously in this April and May.
TRS wants to take up the task of re-building Telangana, he added. If TRS comes to power in the state, irrigation projects will be built to utilize the waters of Godavari and Krishna. Honouring the families of martyrs of Telangana movement and providing 24-hour power supply within three years of forming government by TRS are among the promises made by KCR.
Targeting Telugu Desam party and YSRCP in AP, KCR stated that there is no need of these parties in Telangana.
He predicted that TRS will win 80 to 85 Assembly seats out of the total 119 seats in Telangana. He expressed confidence that TRS will form the first State government in Telangana state.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- US-led Coalition Has Launched First Airstrike vs. ISIS in Syria – Pentagon
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia
- ISIS Used 'GTA 5' in Teen Recruitment Video, Violent Games Help Gain More Followers
- Chilling: Group Deadlier Than ISIS Had Risen
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L