'Anjaan' First Look Delayed; Suriya-Venkat Prabhu's Film Launched
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 14, 2014 7:53 PM EST
The much-awaited first look of Suriya's "Anjaan" will not be released on Monday (14 April).
Suriya's fans have been eagerly waiting to see the first look of "Anjaan." It was expected that the film's director Lingusamy will be releasing the first look on 14 April, as a special New Year treat for fans. But it looks like the fans need to wait for a few more days to see the first look. This has been confirmed by Dhananjayan Govind of UTV Motion Pictures, the production house that is co-producing "Anjaan."
Suriya (Official Facebook of "Anjaan")
"Anjaan" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film has Suriya reportedly appearing in dual roles. Samantha plays the female lead opposite the "Singam" actor, while other cast members include Soori, Vidyut Jamwal and Manoj Bajpai. Yuvan Shankar Raja is working on the sound tracks of "Anjaan" and cinematography is handled by Santosh Sivan.
Although the delay in releasing the first look of "Anjaan" might upset Suriya fans, there is some exciting news that would make them happy.
The actor's new film with director Venkat Prabhu has gone on floors. On the special occasion of Tamil New Year, a special pooja was held to launch the film. Suriya, his father Sivakumar, brother Karthi, Venkat Prabhu, Premgi Amaren and Gangai Amaren attended the launch ceremony held on Monday morning.
Post the film's launch, Venkat Prabhu tweeted, "Thank q 2 one and all who wished !! special thanks 2 friends, film makers, producers nd media who made it to our poojai!! Swami saranam!!"
Though the director revealed that fans will be seeing Suriya in a new avatar in the film, he denied to comment on its genre.
The film's shooting is expected to commence after Suriya wraps up "Anjaan," which is set to hit screens on 15 August.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown