'Divergent' Stars Shailene Woodley- Theo James Team up for 'Allegiant' Part 1 and Part 2
By Sonam Malik | April 14, 2014 7:41 PM EST
For those who love the sizzling chemistry of Shailene Woodley and Theo James, here is another reason to smile. The alleged couple will soon be seen in the third installment of "Divergent", "Allegiant". Moreover, the third part will be split into two, so that the fans can get as much as they want of their favorite on-screen couple.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
Lionsgate announced the spilt of the movie on "Divergent" Twitter page.
— Divergent (@Divergent) April 11, 2014
The split of "Allegiant" in two parts has come as a shock to many fans. Though Woodley knew about it since she jumped on the fantasy fiction bandwagon, she explained that at one point ithe project would be shelved.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said at the MTV awards.. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Apart from Woodley's rumored boyfriend James, the franchise also stars Ansel Elgort in a pivotal role. Elgort plays Woodley's brother in the film. He confessed at the MTV awards red carpet that when he signed for the role of Tris' brother in "Divergent" he knew that Veronica Roth's three books will be justified into four films. Moreover, he also revealed that the four-movie plan was made concrete when "Divergent" met unprecedented success.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Interestingly, Elgort plays Woodley's love interest in the much-anticipated film "The Fault in Our Stars". The film is based on the novel of same name and is a love story of two people suffering from cancer.
While the production of "Allegiant" is still to begin, "The Fault in Our Stars" will be hitting theaters on 6 June 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS