'Divergent' Stars Shailene Woodley- Theo James Team up for 'Allegiant' Part 1 and Part 2
By Sonam Malik | April 14, 2014 7:41 PM EST
For those who love the sizzling chemistry of Shailene Woodley and Theo James, here is another reason to smile. The alleged couple will soon be seen in the third installment of "Divergent", "Allegiant". Moreover, the third part will be split into two, so that the fans can get as much as they want of their favorite on-screen couple.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
Lionsgate announced the spilt of the movie on "Divergent" Twitter page.
— Divergent (@Divergent) April 11, 2014
The split of "Allegiant" in two parts has come as a shock to many fans. Though Woodley knew about it since she jumped on the fantasy fiction bandwagon, she explained that at one point ithe project would be shelved.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said at the MTV awards.. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Apart from Woodley's rumored boyfriend James, the franchise also stars Ansel Elgort in a pivotal role. Elgort plays Woodley's brother in the film. He confessed at the MTV awards red carpet that when he signed for the role of Tris' brother in "Divergent" he knew that Veronica Roth's three books will be justified into four films. Moreover, he also revealed that the four-movie plan was made concrete when "Divergent" met unprecedented success.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Interestingly, Elgort plays Woodley's love interest in the much-anticipated film "The Fault in Our Stars". The film is based on the novel of same name and is a love story of two people suffering from cancer.
While the production of "Allegiant" is still to begin, "The Fault in Our Stars" will be hitting theaters on 6 June 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia