'Divergent' Stars Shailene Woodley- Theo James Team up for 'Allegiant' Part 1 and Part 2
By Sonam Malik | April 14, 2014 7:41 PM EST
For those who love the sizzling chemistry of Shailene Woodley and Theo James, here is another reason to smile. The alleged couple will soon be seen in the third installment of "Divergent", "Allegiant". Moreover, the third part will be split into two, so that the fans can get as much as they want of their favorite on-screen couple.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
Lionsgate announced the spilt of the movie on "Divergent" Twitter page.
— Divergent (@Divergent) April 11, 2014
The split of "Allegiant" in two parts has come as a shock to many fans. Though Woodley knew about it since she jumped on the fantasy fiction bandwagon, she explained that at one point ithe project would be shelved.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said at the MTV awards.. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Apart from Woodley's rumored boyfriend James, the franchise also stars Ansel Elgort in a pivotal role. Elgort plays Woodley's brother in the film. He confessed at the MTV awards red carpet that when he signed for the role of Tris' brother in "Divergent" he knew that Veronica Roth's three books will be justified into four films. Moreover, he also revealed that the four-movie plan was made concrete when "Divergent" met unprecedented success.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Interestingly, Elgort plays Woodley's love interest in the much-anticipated film "The Fault in Our Stars". The film is based on the novel of same name and is a love story of two people suffering from cancer.
While the production of "Allegiant" is still to begin, "The Fault in Our Stars" will be hitting theaters on 6 June 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date