'Divergent' Stars Shailene Woodley- Theo James Team up for 'Allegiant' Part 1 and Part 2
By Sonam Malik | April 14, 2014 7:41 PM EST
For those who love the sizzling chemistry of Shailene Woodley and Theo James, here is another reason to smile. The alleged couple will soon be seen in the third installment of "Divergent", "Allegiant". Moreover, the third part will be split into two, so that the fans can get as much as they want of their favorite on-screen couple.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
Lionsgate announced the spilt of the movie on "Divergent" Twitter page.
— Divergent (@Divergent) April 11, 2014
The split of "Allegiant" in two parts has come as a shock to many fans. Though Woodley knew about it since she jumped on the fantasy fiction bandwagon, she explained that at one point ithe project would be shelved.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said at the MTV awards.. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Apart from Woodley's rumored boyfriend James, the franchise also stars Ansel Elgort in a pivotal role. Elgort plays Woodley's brother in the film. He confessed at the MTV awards red carpet that when he signed for the role of Tris' brother in "Divergent" he knew that Veronica Roth's three books will be justified into four films. Moreover, he also revealed that the four-movie plan was made concrete when "Divergent" met unprecedented success.
"At one point, I heard that it was not going to happen, and then now it is happening," Woodley said. "You never know, man. Life changes every day, right? You've just got to really surrender to the process."
Interestingly, Elgort plays Woodley's love interest in the much-anticipated film "The Fault in Our Stars". The film is based on the novel of same name and is a love story of two people suffering from cancer.
While the production of "Allegiant" is still to begin, "The Fault in Our Stars" will be hitting theaters on 6 June 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More