Hyundai ix25 Image Leaks Ahead Beijing Motor Show
By greeshma m | April 14, 2014 6:34 PM EST
South Korean auto Major Hyundai's upcoming sub-compact SUV iX25 has surfaced online once again through a purported official image ahead of its official release at the Beijing Motor Show.
File photo of cars made by South Korea's Hyundai Motor Group on a truck at the company's shipping yard at a port in Pyeongtaek
The Hyundai ix25, a small SUV and a strong opponent of American Auto Major Ford's much acclaimed EcoSport has been making news for quite sometimes now. Although the SUV made its presence felt on the cyber space on a number of occasions, this is the first time the ix25 has hit the web through official image.
Published by Italian site jokeforblog, Hyundai's upcoming SUV looks stylish in its design and believed to have borrowed some elements from its bigger sibling Santa Fe. Based on Hyundai's next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 will be built in China as part of a joint venture between Hyundai and Chinese partner BAIC.
Talking of its engine specifications, rumours are rife that the new SUV of Hyundai would draw its power from the 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre petrol engines along with a new 1.4-litre turbo diesel engine. The car packs wrap-around headlight clusters and hexagonal grille and will go on sale in China soon. Earlier in February, the car was caught during its winter test in China.
The previous images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air conditioner vents. India debut of the ix25 is unlikely as of now. However, the Korean maker is rumoured to be working on a new SUV using the Grand i10 platform for India auto market.
In India, Hyundai is also expected to launch its new gen 2015 i20 in coming months. The car, one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years is expected to pack 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine and is likely to come mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports