Hyundai ix25 Image Leaks Ahead Beijing Motor Show
By greeshma m | April 14, 2014 6:34 PM EST
South Korean auto Major Hyundai's upcoming sub-compact SUV iX25 has surfaced online once again through a purported official image ahead of its official release at the Beijing Motor Show.
File photo of cars made by South Korea's Hyundai Motor Group on a truck at the company's shipping yard at a port in Pyeongtaek
The Hyundai ix25, a small SUV and a strong opponent of American Auto Major Ford's much acclaimed EcoSport has been making news for quite sometimes now. Although the SUV made its presence felt on the cyber space on a number of occasions, this is the first time the ix25 has hit the web through official image.
Published by Italian site jokeforblog, Hyundai's upcoming SUV looks stylish in its design and believed to have borrowed some elements from its bigger sibling Santa Fe. Based on Hyundai's next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 will be built in China as part of a joint venture between Hyundai and Chinese partner BAIC.
Talking of its engine specifications, rumours are rife that the new SUV of Hyundai would draw its power from the 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre petrol engines along with a new 1.4-litre turbo diesel engine. The car packs wrap-around headlight clusters and hexagonal grille and will go on sale in China soon. Earlier in February, the car was caught during its winter test in China.
The previous images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air conditioner vents. India debut of the ix25 is unlikely as of now. However, the Korean maker is rumoured to be working on a new SUV using the Grand i10 platform for India auto market.
In India, Hyundai is also expected to launch its new gen 2015 i20 in coming months. The car, one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years is expected to pack 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine and is likely to come mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmission.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand