‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale Season] Episode 1 ‘Time Zones” Spoilers: Who is Don Draper’s Proxy?
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 14, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"Time Zones," the premiere episode of "Mad Men," opens with Freddy Rumsen's monologue. He is pitching a brilliant idea in front of Penny for Accutron Time account. It is later revealed that Don Draper is using Freddy as his proxy to pitch his creative ideas to Sterling Cooper & Partners and other ad agencies.
Don Draper is still on an indefinite leave. Megan, however, is not aware about his paid, unemployment status. Don goes to Los Angeles to meet her and maintains the pretence of a working man. Megan's acting career is showing positive signs of progress, while her relationship with Don is turning cold. She has her list of don'ts for Don and is not happy when he orders a huge T.V. set for her apartment, without asking her.
Don bonds with an attractive widow on his flight back to New York. When the woman says to him that his wife may not like their closeness, Don confesses, "She knows I'm a terrible husband." Don turns down the woman's offer of giving him a ride.
Meanwhile, Lou Avery, the new boss in Draper's absence, is making it difficult for Peggy. He rejects her ideas and tells on her face that he is immune to her charms. Also, a brief, awkward encounter with Ted adds to the growing pile of Peggy's woes. At the end of the episode, Peggy breaks-down in the living-room of her house. She kneels down and cries.
Roger is cohabiting with a group of hippies in his house, which has turned into a house of debauchery. His daughter has gained some of kind spiritual wisdom. She sets-up a meeting with him to tell that she has forgiven him. Roger is amused and is not keen on accepting her forgiveness.
Joan is yet to become a partner of SC&P in the real sense, as the men of her professional world still see her as a secretary, with no real value. Ken wants her to meet the new head of marketing, Wayne Barnes, at Butler Footwear, as he wants to keep the halo of his high position. Barnes turns out to be a prick. He does not see Joan as someone worth talking to, and drops marketing terms such as 4Ps to make it obvious. Barnes threatens to fire SC&P, as he has plans to develop an in-house agency. Joan takes the help of a university professor to get a crash course in education. The next time when Barnes calls, she is well-prepared to handle the call, with confidence, and buys her company some time.
Pete looks like a free man and is enjoying his stay in Los Angeles. Despite his list of complaints, he feels Los Angeles has a vibration.
Except Peter, it looks like Don, Peggy, Roger and Joan are experiencing their personal hell.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown