Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo vs. Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 - Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 14, 2014 6:01 PM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S Duos 2 is also available with single sim card support in the name of 'Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus' which was released in December 2013 while the Galaxy Grand Neo is the recent entry in the Grand series of Samsung smartphones released in February 2014. The Galaxy S Duos 2 is the successor of the Galaxy S Duos series.
For readers who are planning on buying one of the aforementioned handsets, here is the specification and price comparison in Australia.
Display & Size
The Galaxy Grand Neo comes with a bigger screen size of 5.1 inches while the Galaxy Grand S Duos 2 houses a 4 inches screen. The Neo is bigger but slimmer than the Galaxy S Duos 2. The Grand Neo is 0.38 inches thick while the Galaxy S Duos 2 is slightly thicker than the Neo with 0.42 inches.
Neo is comparatively heavier at 163 g while the S Duos 2 weighs only 118 g. The resolution of both the phones is the same at 480 x 800 pixel range, but the pixel density is much lower in Neo with 186 ppi whereas the S Duos 2 has a higher pixel density of 233 ppi.
Hardware, Software & Storage
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo is powered by a Quad Core processor 1200 MHz Cortex; whereas the S Duos 2 is powered by a Dual Core 1.2 GHz, Cortex A9 processor. Both the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 and the Grand Neo are Android phones running on 4.2 Jelly Bean.
As expected, the Grand Neo has a better storage of 16 GB, with microSD card support expandable up to 64 GB, while S Duos 2 provides only a 4 GB of internal storage with microSD card support expandable up to 64 GB. When it comes to system storage, Neo wins again with 1024 MB of RAM, whereas the S Duos 2 has a RAM of 768 MB.
Grand Neo and Galaxy S Duos 2 sports a 5 MP (with LED Flash) camera in the rear and a 0.3 MP VGA camera at the front. The other features of the rear camera include auto focus, geo tagging and digital zoom facility.
Samsung's latest offering the Galaxy Grand Neo houses a better battery at 2100 mAh, while the S Duos 2 houses a 1500 mAh battery unit. Grand Neo can provide up to 11 hours of 3G talk-time on an average while S Duos 2 can only provide 8 hours of 3G talk-time.
Both the phones support dual sim and the sim type is regular.
The Galaxy Grand Neo comes in 4 shades black, white, orange and lime green, while Grand S Duos 2 comes in black and white shades.
Multi window and pop-up screen support enable opening of two applications/windows at the same time on the screen of Galaxy Grand Neo. In addition, the keypad is adapted to make calling and texting by using only a single hand.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo is priced at around AU $289.95 while the Galaxy Grand S Duos 2 is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance