Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update to Roll Out at I/O Conference in June?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 14, 2014 5:57 PM EST
The report claimed that Google will release the update of the Android OS at its annual event in June. Google has not revealed the official release date of the rumoured Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update. However, if the update will arrive in June, this means there will be no new flavour of Android. Android 4.5 Lollypop was speculated to be announced at the trade show as it has been a tradition of Google to release new Android OS each year.
Initial reports stated that the update will roll out in mid-April and Nexus devices and Google Play Edition devices were the first line to receive the update. The new Kitkat OS update is designed to fix the bugs in the 4.4.2 version of the Kitkat OS, including a major bug called 'mm-qcamera-daemon', which causes the camera to work in the background processes.
The bug also drains the battery and use a huge amount of power due to high CPU usage regardless if the user is using the camera or not. However, users must not expect any cosmetic changes or any new features. Google might save new features and UI changes for the next major version of Android.
Other bug fixes that are included in the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update are: Frequent connection drops with mobile data; Regularise camera focus; HDR mode issues; Power manager display wake up lock; Multiple Bluetooth problems; Other known bugs plaguing the camera app; Random reboots; USB debugging security issues; App shortcuts security issues; Malfunctioning of Wi-Fi auto-connect; Missed call LED; Inaccurate data usage graph; Issues with email and MS exchange sync; Bugs in calendar, contract, dialler and people apps; DSP errors; and IPv6 and VPN network issues.
Meanwhile, Google usually rolls out new Android updates during the working week rather than the weekend. Moreover, the update was rolled out in stages. This means that some users will receive the latest update first until Google has ensured smooth delivery of the OS update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast