‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 2 Recap and Spoilers – Weddings in Westeros are Not to be Missed
By Sachin Trivedi | April 14, 2014 5:57 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" fans were in for a surprise in Season 4 episode 2. What fans called the Purple Wedding finally arrived and a wedding in Westeros is not to be missed. The first big death of the season was brutal and to a large extent expected by many.
Cast members Jack Gleeson and Sophie Turner arrive for the premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Who killed Joffrey? This is the question many fans are asking, those who have read the books already know the answer to that, but fingers are being pointed at Tyrion Lannister. The boy king was poisoned on his wedding day in "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
Many of the fans already knew what to expect at the Purple Wedding. The promotion for season 4 also hinted at this. The "Game of Thrones" team had a promotion campaign called Roast Joffrey. Fans were asked to comment on the boy king on social media in this campagin.
There are many who would like to see King Joffrey dead, from rivals for the throne to allies and from relatives to subordinates. Many people hate Joffrey's cruel nature and may have secretly wanted him dead.
Tyrion Lannister had to bear a lot of humiliation in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 episode 2. The boy king spared no effort to ensure that his uncle suffered along with his new wife Sansa. He had called for a play about the War of the Five kings, in which Joffrey is declared the winner. Stannis Baratheon however is making his preparations for the war.
Cersei Lannister was quick to blame Tyrion after she saw Joffrey die in front of her. She and her brother Jaime were amongst the first to reach him while Margaery Tyrell and Olenna Tyrell called for help. Sansa was led away during the confusion by Joffrey's clown, who was formerly a guard.
Readers will remember that the clown had given Sansa a necklace in the previous episode. Did he know that Joffrey would be poisoned? Under whose instructions did he bring Sansa away? An old and familiar character is expected to return in the next episode and answer that question.
Arya Stark was not shown in this episode. The dark turn the character took in the previous episode has got many fans interested. Her exploits will be followed closely in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Another missing character in this episode was Daenerys Targaryen, who is preparing to lay siege to the city of Meereen.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
Texas Family Catches 'Chupacabra'-Is it Real? [Read]
Recession in 2014? Why Experts are Predicting a Stock Market Crash in 2014 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar