Shocking Error at Rolling Stone Cover Becomes a Twitter Joke
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 14, 2014 5:51 PM EST
Twitter users are quick to react jokingly on the shocking error of the recent issue of Rolling Stone cover showcasing the nude Julia Louis-Dreyfus. On her back is the US Constitution signed by the founding father John Hancock.
In his Twitter account, Washington Examiner Justin Green cleared that Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence not the Constitution.
To diffuse the issue, the former "Seinfeld" star tweeted that she was a drunken stupor.
According to a Business Insider report, Rolling Stone spokesperson explained that the signature on the publication's cover is supposed to be a joke with the punch line in the inside pages.
And a social media joke it did become!
Edwaurdo Arias tweeted "How does it feel to be without a home, like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone?" Meanwhile, Trippygyp$y joked that papa was a rolling stone, mamma developed a habit. Still another tweeted that Rolling Stone Gets An F In U.S. History.
Another tweeter advised to check the original source at US national archive before getting a tattoo. Some of the tweets focused on historical rolling stone party held in the 1970s while other hilarious comments were on music history.
There was a reader though who commented on why does Dreyfus have to get naked when is already one of the most successful comedians in the world.
Meanwhile, the inside pages of the controversial Rolling Stone issue revealed five points Dreyfus being at the cover story. It pointed out that the actress is genuinely thrilled both on the show and on cursing. It also pointed out that she was on the cover page because the show's creator just love the actress' sense of humor.
Additional revelations include that Dreyfus' bright, charming, striking, and great disposition got her the role of Elaine Benes on Sienfeld. The actress also had good rapport with the show's veeps. It even mentioned the actress' earnest happiness about a dinner she attended with Joe Biden.
It also contradicted internet comments that the actress is a billionaire stating that it was her father's business that cost billions not her. "It's unbelievable, because whatever I do, people just assume it's true. Welcome to the Internet," Dreyfus stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes