Who is Frazier Glenn Miller? History, Details and Information of the Anti-Semite Suspect Involved in Jewish Center Shootings
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 14, 2014 5:30 PM EST
A Missouri man, who is reported to have a long history of anti-Semitism, is suspected of killing a boy and his grandfather outside a Jewish community center in Kansas City, and a woman at another Jewish assisted living facility located nearby.
Although police in Overland Park, Kansas has not called Sunday's attacks a hate crime, the suspect, now recognized as Frazier Glenn Miller, has received a spate of condemnation on social media for being an Anti-Semite.
Who is Frazier Glenn Miller?
Frazier Glenn Miller is the founder and former leader of the defunct Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party, the CNN reports.
The 73-year-old, who also goes by the name Frazier Glenn Gross, or simply Glenn Miller, was previously convicted of criminal charges related to weapons and violation of an injunction against paramilitary activity.
Miller has been long known to advocate ideas related to white nationalism, white separatism and anti-Semitism. He is also a staunch critic of homosexuality and Third World immigration into historically White nations.
As a member of the racist hate group, "The Order", which reportedly advocated violence against Jews and African-Americans, Miller was allegedly involved in the assassination of Denver, Colorado radio talk show host, Alan Berg, in 1984.
Known to be a prominent public face of the neo-Nazi white supremacist movement, he has appeared on television in different occasions as a spokesperson for white supremacist views, the Inquisitr notes. He was even interviewed on The Howard Stern Show.
According to a booking report released by the Johnson Country Sheriff's Office,Miller resides in Aurora, Missouri. He was booked on charges of first-degree premeditated murder. The ABC News reports that a call to Miller's wife confirmed that Miller charged for the Jewish Centre shooting is the same Glenn Miller widely known as a paramilitary far-right extremist.
Having staged three political campaigns from 1884 through 1986, Miller was finally arrested in North Carolina for operating a paramilitary training camp. Although he was released on bond, he soon fled and became a fugitive.
In 1987, however, he was captured in Missourri. New York Times' story published on May 1, 1987 says that he had "threatened a war against blacks, Jews and the Federal Government and violated the terms of his bond."
The shootings happened at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City in Overland park and at the Village Shalom Retirement Community in Leawood. The incident took place only a day before the start of the major Jewish spring festival, Passover.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air