‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Box Office Collection: Amitabh Starrer Shows Tremendous Growth; Earns ₹18 Crore in Opening Weekend
By Ankita Mehta | April 14, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Amitabh Bachchan starrer horror comedy "Bhoothnath Returns" showed tremendous growth on Sunday, raking in around ₹8.10 crore.
After a slow start on Friday, the film picked up on Saturday but the growth was minimal. However, on Sunday it went up by 80 to 85 percent compared to Friday. The opening weekend total of the film now stands at ₹18.02 crore.
"#BhoothnathReturns Fri 4.07 cr, Sat 5.85 cr, Sun 8.10 cr. Total: ₹ 18.02 cr nett. India biz... Excellent growth over the weekend," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The horror comedy also starring child actor Parth Bhalerao should have a strong Monday, as it is a holiday at several circuits .
Although, it was a solo Hindi release, the film faced tough competition from regional release "Disco King" in Punjab, which had a bumper start in North circuits.
"Bhoothnath Returns" was affected in South India due releases including "Race Gurram", 'Gangster" and "Naan Sigappu Manithan".
Also, three Hollywood films "Rio 2", "Divergent" and "Oculus" were released this week in India alongside Bachchan starrer horror comedy.
But still the film managed to put up a respectable figure in the opening weekend.
On Sunday, Big B spent the day with family and watched the film with his daughter Shweta and grandchildren Agastya, Navya and Aaradhya.
"Ne'er a dull moment .. but event of the day .. showing 'BR' to the family - Shweta, Agastya, Navya and Aaradhya," Sr. Bachchan tweeted.
"Bhoothnath Returns" directed by Nitesh Tiwari is essentially a children's film, but has been targeted at almost all sections. The horror comedy film features Boman Irani, Anurag Kashyap and Usha Nadkarni in supporting roles, while Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor make cameo appearances.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports