‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Box Office Collection: Amitabh Starrer Shows Tremendous Growth; Earns ₹18 Crore in Opening Weekend
By Ankita Mehta | April 14, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Amitabh Bachchan starrer horror comedy "Bhoothnath Returns" showed tremendous growth on Sunday, raking in around ₹8.10 crore.
After a slow start on Friday, the film picked up on Saturday but the growth was minimal. However, on Sunday it went up by 80 to 85 percent compared to Friday. The opening weekend total of the film now stands at ₹18.02 crore.
"#BhoothnathReturns Fri 4.07 cr, Sat 5.85 cr, Sun 8.10 cr. Total: ₹ 18.02 cr nett. India biz... Excellent growth over the weekend," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The horror comedy also starring child actor Parth Bhalerao should have a strong Monday, as it is a holiday at several circuits .
Although, it was a solo Hindi release, the film faced tough competition from regional release "Disco King" in Punjab, which had a bumper start in North circuits.
"Bhoothnath Returns" was affected in South India due releases including "Race Gurram", 'Gangster" and "Naan Sigappu Manithan".
Also, three Hollywood films "Rio 2", "Divergent" and "Oculus" were released this week in India alongside Bachchan starrer horror comedy.
But still the film managed to put up a respectable figure in the opening weekend.
On Sunday, Big B spent the day with family and watched the film with his daughter Shweta and grandchildren Agastya, Navya and Aaradhya.
"Ne'er a dull moment .. but event of the day .. showing 'BR' to the family - Shweta, Agastya, Navya and Aaradhya," Sr. Bachchan tweeted.
"Bhoothnath Returns" directed by Nitesh Tiwari is essentially a children's film, but has been targeted at almost all sections. The horror comedy film features Boman Irani, Anurag Kashyap and Usha Nadkarni in supporting roles, while Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor make cameo appearances.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy