3 Android Must-Play Games: 'The Walking Dead Season One,' 'Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff' and 'Gesundheit!'
By Gel Galang | April 14, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Android is brimming with pretty cool games as of late, with three more having recently entered the list.
For those who are looking for a favourite zombie game from one of the master storyteller game developers, a game from one of America's loved cartoons and a unique puzzle game about piggies and monsters, it's time to hit the Google Play Store for the following three games.
'Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff'
Fans of the TV show would love "Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff" for two reasons.
One, it's very reminiscent of the TV show—the gags, the jokes and the story line are very much in line with the animated series. The premise of the game is that Quahog has been destroyed after a fight between Peter and his archenemy chicken. Because of this, he has to rebuild it with his family and repopulate the town by searching for the residents.
Okay, fans of the other animated TV series-turned-game would find this very familiar as well. "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" comes to mind immediately. But just as fans of "The Simpsons" have enjoyed that game, fans of "Family Guy" will enjoy this, too.
The second reason is that it's free, though in-app purchases are to be expected. Players can go on ridiculous quests with a variety of characters including Meg. Players will be fighting off chicken invasions and pirates, unlocking funny outfits including a Mermaid Peter and unlocking new animations—all for free.
You can try out Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff here.
'The Walking Dead Season 1'
Those who haven't played Teltale Games' "The Walking Dead" for lack of a PC or a console finally have a chance to do so as it debuts on the Android.
The five-part series will can now be played on mobile, though only the first game will be free-to-play. Episodes 2 through 5 can be obtained as an in-app purchases.
In the game, gamers will be playing as Lee Everett, convicted criminal, who now has to live life in a world filled with the undead. He is the guardian of orphan Clementine. He is forced to make decisions and take actions that will affect how the story plays out in the entire series.
The Walking Dead Season One has won over 90 Game of the Year awards. It's also offered as a Season Pass for the remaining episodes plus the 400 Days DLC.
To get the game, players have to make sure that their handset has an Adreno 200 series, Mali-400 series, PowerVR SGX540 or Tegra 3, at least a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB of memory.
Perhaps one of the acclaimed games on the Google Play Store and one that has been optimised for Android 4.4 Kitkat, "Gesundheit" is one of those premium games that lets gamers sample the first few levels before they make up their mind of whether buying or dropping it.
Because of this set-up, gamers don't have to deal with ads or coins to buy. With the one-time purchase, players can immediately play the 40+ levels and join over 4 million players who are currently enjoying the unique gameplay.
"Gesundheit!" is different because players will be playing as a pig with a runny nose. They will go through six world maps using touch screen controls. Players can upgrade their snot-nosed hero with super-charged power-ups and ability upgrades, unlock unique achievements and even get an original soundtrack for the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged