MotoGP Update: Faster Marc Marquez Achieved the Glory
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 14, 2014 3:52 PM EST
A poised Marc Marquez clinched his second consecutive title in 2014 MotoGP session on Sunday at Austin, Texas.
Marquez was fast enough to break his previous lap record in the qualifying session. He ended on 2m, 02.773s in the chart, 0.273 seconds than the previous time.
The 21-year-old, however, finished with style and ease.
"I never lead a race from the first lap to the end ... It was a little strange," Marc said after race.
"Marc today was just faster ... I couldn't really follow the pace," Marc's teammate Daniel Pedrosa commented.
Marquez was clearly in a state of winning streak as he avoided any possible clash with the traffic on the elevated first turn, leaving a huge gap with Pedrosa.
The Repsol Honda runner gave no such chances to other runners as he raced past the straightway and the hairpin bends with super confidence.
Pedrosa stated his only chance to outrun Marc was to supress him right at the start.
Marquez started in the first position and remained in the lead till the end of the run. Jorge Lorenzo seemed to be the only contender to take over Marquez. Lorenzo, who started fifth, was penalised with a ride in the pit lane at the end of the first lap.
"My first thought was that, 'I lost on the start ... But then I understood when he went on the first lap into the pits. I was concentrated on my race. It didn't change anything," Marquez added.
Marquez was cruising in style but he made one mistake on the final turn of the lap when he lost a bit of control. But experienced Marc calmly managed the situation and pushed further to end first in the title.
"The race was too quiet ... I just wanted to put some RPM on the bike," he said. "It was a small mistake ... It's more experience for the future," Marquez added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports