MotoGP Update: Faster Marc Marquez Achieved the Glory
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 14, 2014 3:52 PM EST
A poised Marc Marquez clinched his second consecutive title in 2014 MotoGP session on Sunday at Austin, Texas.
Marquez was fast enough to break his previous lap record in the qualifying session. He ended on 2m, 02.773s in the chart, 0.273 seconds than the previous time.
The 21-year-old, however, finished with style and ease.
"I never lead a race from the first lap to the end ... It was a little strange," Marc said after race.
"Marc today was just faster ... I couldn't really follow the pace," Marc's teammate Daniel Pedrosa commented.
Marquez was clearly in a state of winning streak as he avoided any possible clash with the traffic on the elevated first turn, leaving a huge gap with Pedrosa.
The Repsol Honda runner gave no such chances to other runners as he raced past the straightway and the hairpin bends with super confidence.
Pedrosa stated his only chance to outrun Marc was to supress him right at the start.
Marquez started in the first position and remained in the lead till the end of the run. Jorge Lorenzo seemed to be the only contender to take over Marquez. Lorenzo, who started fifth, was penalised with a ride in the pit lane at the end of the first lap.
"My first thought was that, 'I lost on the start ... But then I understood when he went on the first lap into the pits. I was concentrated on my race. It didn't change anything," Marquez added.
Marquez was cruising in style but he made one mistake on the final turn of the lap when he lost a bit of control. But experienced Marc calmly managed the situation and pushed further to end first in the title.
"The race was too quiet ... I just wanted to put some RPM on the bike," he said. "It was a small mistake ... It's more experience for the future," Marquez added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report