No Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Anytime Soon as Company Focuses on Nexus 8, 6 and Android Update
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 14, 2014 2:39 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may not happen anytime soon as the company is busy building new Nexus devices as well as updating the Android OS.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
A lot of Google fans were waiting for the next generation of Nexus 10 tablet. However, Google was elusive when it comes to revealing whether they still have plans of launching the successor of its 10-inch tablet.
Currently, Google has its hands full as it is working on new Nexus devices such as the Nexus 8 tablet and Nexus 6 smartphone. Both devices were speculated to make an appearance at the upcoming I/O tech event scheduled in June. Google Nexus 8 will replace the Nexus 7 slab as the company realized that there is not much competition in the 8-inch market as compared in the 7-inch category. Google Nexus 6 smartphone is the successor of the current Nexus 5 handset that garnered a large following due to its note-worthy specs and features paired with a friendly price tag.
Moreover, Google has been exerting more effort into its Android operating system. According to Android Origin, the company is already working on the 4.4.3 version of its mobile software that will herald bug fixes brought about by the previous version. The Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS was expected to be revealed in June at the same event.
Other reports claimed that Google Nexus 10 2 was already in the works. To add fuel to the fire, a new Samsung tablet with 10.5 inches Super AMOLED screen display was in the works. A spec sheet of a new slab with the model number SM-T800 was spotted by SamMobile. This could be the upcoming Google's tablet. According to the document, the tablet will pack a 2560 x 1600 resolution Super AMOLED screen, a quad-core Snapdragon processor and 2GB of RAM, Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS, 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front-facing sensor, a microSD card slot, and a 7,900mAh battery. The tablet will be available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage variants.
Meanwhile, some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates