Samsung Galaxy S5 ChainFire Auto-Root Supports Seven Additional Models; KNOX Warranty Still Trips
By Ryan Inoyori | April 14, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Recently, ChainFire's Auto-Root managed to root the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 before its launch. Now, ChainFire officially announced that the rooting tool kit is compatible with seven additional models of Galaxy S5.
ChainFire on Galaxy S5
Popular developer and XDA forum member ChainFire formally announced the additional support of CF-Auto-Root tool kit for seven other models of the Samsung Galaxy S5. It is now compatible to the following variants:
1. Galaxy S5 SM-900H Exynos International
2. Galaxy S5 SM-G900M Middle and South America model
3. Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 U.S. Cellullar
4. Galaxy S5 SM-G900T T-Mobile U.S.
5. Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1 Metro PCS
6. Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 Canada model
7. Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Sprint
8. Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Snapdragon International
However, ChainFire warns owners that the current CF-Auto-Root tool kit affects the Samsung Knox warranty.
"Seems so far that rooting / voiding KNOX warranty on the S5 also disables the 'private mode' functionality. Be warned," ChainFire official post at Google+.
CF-Auto-Root Tool Kit
CF-Root is the famous rooting tool kit designed for beginners who desire gaining root access on their Samsung Galaxy devices. It is commonly used on users who want to keep the stock ROM and only want to get administrative privileges on the Android device.
CF-Auto-Root supports several Samsung Galaxy devices such as Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, several Galaxy tablets and more. ChainFire's automatic rooting tool kit requires SuperSU binary and APK, and the stock recovery found on your Samsung device.
Procedure includes ODIN flash tool and your computer to accomplish root access. But, ChainFire's Auto-Root may trip the Samsung KNOX security suite and will cause the current warranty to be voided.
Using ChainFire's Auto-Root
1. Download the CF-Auto-Root then unzip the file.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files stored on your Samsung Galaxy device.
3. Make sure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
5. Click on 'PDA' button then select the CF-Auto-Root ".tar.md5" file.
6. Turn off your Galaxy device then reboot it into Download mode. Press and hold volume down, home and power keys at the same time.
7. Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Blue ID:COM should appear on the ODIN flash tool.
8. Re-partition on the ODIN flash tool must be "unchecked."
9. Click "Start" button and wait till the device reboots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best