Samsung Galaxy S5 ChainFire Auto-Root Supports Seven Additional Models; KNOX Warranty Still Trips
By Ryan Inoyori | April 14, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Recently, ChainFire's Auto-Root managed to root the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 before its launch. Now, ChainFire officially announced that the rooting tool kit is compatible with seven additional models of Galaxy S5.
ChainFire on Galaxy S5
Popular developer and XDA forum member ChainFire formally announced the additional support of CF-Auto-Root tool kit for seven other models of the Samsung Galaxy S5. It is now compatible to the following variants:
1. Galaxy S5 SM-900H Exynos International
2. Galaxy S5 SM-G900M Middle and South America model
3. Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 U.S. Cellullar
4. Galaxy S5 SM-G900T T-Mobile U.S.
5. Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1 Metro PCS
6. Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 Canada model
7. Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Sprint
8. Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Snapdragon International
However, ChainFire warns owners that the current CF-Auto-Root tool kit affects the Samsung Knox warranty.
"Seems so far that rooting / voiding KNOX warranty on the S5 also disables the 'private mode' functionality. Be warned," ChainFire official post at Google+.
CF-Auto-Root Tool Kit
CF-Root is the famous rooting tool kit designed for beginners who desire gaining root access on their Samsung Galaxy devices. It is commonly used on users who want to keep the stock ROM and only want to get administrative privileges on the Android device.
CF-Auto-Root supports several Samsung Galaxy devices such as Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, several Galaxy tablets and more. ChainFire's automatic rooting tool kit requires SuperSU binary and APK, and the stock recovery found on your Samsung device.
Procedure includes ODIN flash tool and your computer to accomplish root access. But, ChainFire's Auto-Root may trip the Samsung KNOX security suite and will cause the current warranty to be voided.
Using ChainFire's Auto-Root
1. Download the CF-Auto-Root then unzip the file.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files stored on your Samsung Galaxy device.
3. Make sure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on your computer.
5. Click on 'PDA' button then select the CF-Auto-Root ".tar.md5" file.
6. Turn off your Galaxy device then reboot it into Download mode. Press and hold volume down, home and power keys at the same time.
7. Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Blue ID:COM should appear on the ODIN flash tool.
8. Re-partition on the ODIN flash tool must be "unchecked."
9. Click "Start" button and wait till the device reboots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged