Markets Closed on Monday for Ambedkar Jayanti
April 14, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Monday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Tuesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.1750/1850 per dollar on Friday compared with its previous close of 60.07/08.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The Sensex fell 0.38 percent, or 86.37 points, to end at 22,628.96 on Friday. The Nifty lost 0.3 percent, or 20.10 points, to end at 6,776.30.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended down 6 basis points at 8.94 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 3 bps at 8.50 percent, while the one-year rate ended 1 bp lower at 8.59 percent.
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013