Markets Closed on Monday for Ambedkar Jayanti
April 14, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Monday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Tuesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.1750/1850 per dollar on Friday compared with its previous close of 60.07/08.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The Sensex fell 0.38 percent, or 86.37 points, to end at 22,628.96 on Friday. The Nifty lost 0.3 percent, or 20.10 points, to end at 6,776.30.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended down 6 basis points at 8.94 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 3 bps at 8.50 percent, while the one-year rate ended 1 bp lower at 8.59 percent.
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: Australia Mulls To Review Airport Security Policy, Could Allow Scissors, Metal Cutlery Back In Planes
- 5 Likely Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Hired
- This Is How Obesity Weighs Down Global Economy By 2 Trillion Dollars Every Year
- Consumer Alert: Retailer Simons Goes Out Of Quebec, To Open Five Stores Across Canada
- Signs That You Are A Smartphone Zombie (And The Dangers This Poses)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates