Markets Closed on Monday for Ambedkar Jayanti
April 14, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Monday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Tuesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.1750/1850 per dollar on Friday compared with its previous close of 60.07/08.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The Sensex fell 0.38 percent, or 86.37 points, to end at 22,628.96 on Friday. The Nifty lost 0.3 percent, or 20.10 points, to end at 6,776.30.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended down 6 basis points at 8.94 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 3 bps at 8.50 percent, while the one-year rate ended 1 bp lower at 8.59 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- Australia’s Richest People Under 30 in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date