Galaxy S5 Market Release Highlights: Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit, FIFA 14 Mobile Game, Galaxy 11 Team, 'My Life Powered by Galaxy S5' Ad and Store Activities
By Judith Aparri | April 14, 2014 2:03 PM EST
Samsung announced on April 11 its Galaxy S5 along with the Samsung Gear wearables - Samsung Gear 2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Gear Fit. These devices are set to be available in 125 countries like the United States, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Asia.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down.
Samsung CEO JK Shin said the Galaxy S5's technological innovation and refined design are the output of the company's sensitivity to consumers' needs, crafting the devices to provide superior and sophisticated mobile experience. With their devices, the consumers can stay connected and focus on what matters to them.
The new generation flagship smartphone is nicely packed with an advanced camera that has the fastest autofocus in the world along with S Health 3.0 fitness tools, superb network connectivity plus improved protection IP67 water and dust resistance. Available on this device are Samsung Wallet and WatchON to contribute to a more productive and enjoyable S5 experience. Galaxy S5 comes in shimmery White, charcoal Black, copper Gold and electric Blue.
Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
Raising up the bar for the wearable technology are Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, which can be extensions of daily life with music player, fitness apps, remote control and compatibility with various Samsung devices. Both wearables are lightweight, slim and 10mm thick. Gear 2 comes in charcoal Black, wild Orange and golden Brown. Gear 2 Neo is available in wild Orange, mocha Gray and charcoal Black colors.
A perfect mix of convenience, fitness and style like no other, Samsung Gear Fit features superior connectivity as well as the first curved Super AMOLED display of the industry. It bears the benefits of Samsung tech with real time fitness coaching offering personalized workout recommendations and advice. You have choices of supreme Red, cobalt Blue, vital Green, wild Orange, mocha Gray and charcoal Black when buying Gear Fit.
FIFA 14 and Samsung Galaxy 11 Team
To celebrate the global market release of the Galaxy S5, Gear 2, Gear Neo and Gear Fit, Samsung likewise offers users of Galaxy device, the exclusive mobile game, FIFA 14. The game is made available starting April 11 on Galaxy S5 as well as other Galaxy devices and gives the users a distinct opportunity to play against the Galaxy 11 team, as part of the special collaboration with the mobile game of EA SPORTS FIFA 14.
The Galaxy 11 Team is a multi-platform and global marketing campaign, telling stories of the world's top football players like Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney and Lionel Messi, to save Earth from alien domination in a virtual football pitch and "winner takes all" match. The campaign that is revealed in series this year, will come alive across Galaxy devices, social media channels and online platforms. Galaxy users can try taking down the world's best players who have the task of saving the planet, for chances to win special prize packs of FIFA 14.
"My Life Powered by Galaxy S5" Ad
Samsung simultaneously released with the market launch of Galaxy S5 and Gear wearables, the TV commercial which highlights the Galaxy S5's capabilities to enhance consumer lives. Tarsem Singh directed the ad. He is known for REM's music video "Losing My Religion" and films that include Mirror Mirror and Immortals. Check out the ad here.
Select Store Activities
Samsung also provided consumers on market launch day unique buying experience at some Samsung Experience Stores all over the world. Customers were treated to Galaxy blue carpet to enjoy various exciting activities like photo zones, raffles, flash mob and "best dressed" competitions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports