Nokia Monarch is T-Mobile's Version of Lumia 635
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 14, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Nokia Monarch now has a face, but it is not a new model, rather it is the T-Mobile version of the Nokia Lumia 635 which was recently unveiled in the Microsoft Build on April 2.
A model displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Late in March, rumours regarding the launch of a Nokia phone with a codename Monarch emerged saying the handset is heading to T-Mobile. The source-the famous leaker @evleaks that often share accurate tips in the mobile world. However, @evleaks did not provide succeeding information regarding the Nokia Monarch until April 12.
Nokia Monarch = Lumia 635, for T-Mobile
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 12, 2014
In the tweet, the tipster claimed that "Monarch" is the Nokia Lumia 635 model, only that the codename will be used for the T-Mobile variant of the device. If the report is true, Nokia Monarch will be one of the latest affordable additions in T-Mobile's roster of devices. T-Mobile on the other hand did not confirm on the rumour yet, leaving tech geeks wondering whether the carrier will increase the handsets specifications to make the phone worthy of its moniker.
Carriers in the US is starting to call Nokia phones with names instead of numbers. Recently, Verizon called the Nokia Lumia 929 Nokia Lumia Icon. Now, Nokia Monarch is another fleeting name to call a handset.
The revelation of the Nokia Monarch to be Lumia 635 got mixed reactions from Nokia fans and gadget critics alike. Since the "Monarch" moniker sounds pretty royal, the device was expected to be a flagship with the likes of the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Lumia 1020. Though the features of the phone is not poor for its price, Nokia Lumia 635 comes with features similar to the Lumia 630. The only major difference is that the phone offers 4G LTE and 630 only runs in 3G.
Nokia Lumia 635 or the Nokia Monarch for T-Mobile is one of the first devices to run in Windows 8.1 It comes with 480 x 854 pixels 4.5 inches display screen, and operates with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400. In terms of the phone's memory, it has an internal 8 GB, 512 MB RAM, which is expandable to 128 GB via microSD. It sports a 5 MP primary camera.
Nokia announced that the Lumia 635 will have a $189 price tag in the U.S. for the unlocked version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight