Nokia Monarch is T-Mobile's Version of Lumia 635
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 14, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Nokia Monarch now has a face, but it is not a new model, rather it is the T-Mobile version of the Nokia Lumia 635 which was recently unveiled in the Microsoft Build on April 2.
A model displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Late in March, rumours regarding the launch of a Nokia phone with a codename Monarch emerged saying the handset is heading to T-Mobile. The source-the famous leaker @evleaks that often share accurate tips in the mobile world. However, @evleaks did not provide succeeding information regarding the Nokia Monarch until April 12.
Nokia Monarch = Lumia 635, for T-Mobile
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 12, 2014
In the tweet, the tipster claimed that "Monarch" is the Nokia Lumia 635 model, only that the codename will be used for the T-Mobile variant of the device. If the report is true, Nokia Monarch will be one of the latest affordable additions in T-Mobile's roster of devices. T-Mobile on the other hand did not confirm on the rumour yet, leaving tech geeks wondering whether the carrier will increase the handsets specifications to make the phone worthy of its moniker.
Carriers in the US is starting to call Nokia phones with names instead of numbers. Recently, Verizon called the Nokia Lumia 929 Nokia Lumia Icon. Now, Nokia Monarch is another fleeting name to call a handset.
The revelation of the Nokia Monarch to be Lumia 635 got mixed reactions from Nokia fans and gadget critics alike. Since the "Monarch" moniker sounds pretty royal, the device was expected to be a flagship with the likes of the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Lumia 1020. Though the features of the phone is not poor for its price, Nokia Lumia 635 comes with features similar to the Lumia 630. The only major difference is that the phone offers 4G LTE and 630 only runs in 3G.
Nokia Lumia 635 or the Nokia Monarch for T-Mobile is one of the first devices to run in Windows 8.1 It comes with 480 x 854 pixels 4.5 inches display screen, and operates with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400. In terms of the phone's memory, it has an internal 8 GB, 512 MB RAM, which is expandable to 128 GB via microSD. It sports a 5 MP primary camera.
Nokia announced that the Lumia 635 will have a $189 price tag in the U.S. for the unlocked version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet