Nokia Monarch is T-Mobile's Version of Lumia 635
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 14, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Nokia Monarch now has a face, but it is not a new model, rather it is the T-Mobile version of the Nokia Lumia 635 which was recently unveiled in the Microsoft Build on April 2.
A model displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Late in March, rumours regarding the launch of a Nokia phone with a codename Monarch emerged saying the handset is heading to T-Mobile. The source-the famous leaker @evleaks that often share accurate tips in the mobile world. However, @evleaks did not provide succeeding information regarding the Nokia Monarch until April 12.
Nokia Monarch = Lumia 635, for T-Mobile
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 12, 2014
In the tweet, the tipster claimed that "Monarch" is the Nokia Lumia 635 model, only that the codename will be used for the T-Mobile variant of the device. If the report is true, Nokia Monarch will be one of the latest affordable additions in T-Mobile's roster of devices. T-Mobile on the other hand did not confirm on the rumour yet, leaving tech geeks wondering whether the carrier will increase the handsets specifications to make the phone worthy of its moniker.
Carriers in the US is starting to call Nokia phones with names instead of numbers. Recently, Verizon called the Nokia Lumia 929 Nokia Lumia Icon. Now, Nokia Monarch is another fleeting name to call a handset.
The revelation of the Nokia Monarch to be Lumia 635 got mixed reactions from Nokia fans and gadget critics alike. Since the "Monarch" moniker sounds pretty royal, the device was expected to be a flagship with the likes of the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Lumia 1020. Though the features of the phone is not poor for its price, Nokia Lumia 635 comes with features similar to the Lumia 630. The only major difference is that the phone offers 4G LTE and 630 only runs in 3G.
Nokia Lumia 635 or the Nokia Monarch for T-Mobile is one of the first devices to run in Windows 8.1 It comes with 480 x 854 pixels 4.5 inches display screen, and operates with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400. In terms of the phone's memory, it has an internal 8 GB, 512 MB RAM, which is expandable to 128 GB via microSD. It sports a 5 MP primary camera.
Nokia announced that the Lumia 635 will have a $189 price tag in the U.S. for the unlocked version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS