Nokia Monarch is T-Mobile's Version of Lumia 635
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 14, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Nokia Monarch now has a face, but it is not a new model, rather it is the T-Mobile version of the Nokia Lumia 635 which was recently unveiled in the Microsoft Build on April 2.
A model displays the Lumia 1320 smartphone during its launch in Abu Dhabi October 22, 2013. Nokia unveiled its first tablet and two large-screen smartphones, known as phablets, at the annual Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Late in March, rumours regarding the launch of a Nokia phone with a codename Monarch emerged saying the handset is heading to T-Mobile. The source-the famous leaker @evleaks that often share accurate tips in the mobile world. However, @evleaks did not provide succeeding information regarding the Nokia Monarch until April 12.
Nokia Monarch = Lumia 635, for T-Mobile
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 12, 2014
In the tweet, the tipster claimed that "Monarch" is the Nokia Lumia 635 model, only that the codename will be used for the T-Mobile variant of the device. If the report is true, Nokia Monarch will be one of the latest affordable additions in T-Mobile's roster of devices. T-Mobile on the other hand did not confirm on the rumour yet, leaving tech geeks wondering whether the carrier will increase the handsets specifications to make the phone worthy of its moniker.
Carriers in the US is starting to call Nokia phones with names instead of numbers. Recently, Verizon called the Nokia Lumia 929 Nokia Lumia Icon. Now, Nokia Monarch is another fleeting name to call a handset.
The revelation of the Nokia Monarch to be Lumia 635 got mixed reactions from Nokia fans and gadget critics alike. Since the "Monarch" moniker sounds pretty royal, the device was expected to be a flagship with the likes of the Nokia Lumia 930 or the Lumia 1020. Though the features of the phone is not poor for its price, Nokia Lumia 635 comes with features similar to the Lumia 630. The only major difference is that the phone offers 4G LTE and 630 only runs in 3G.
Nokia Lumia 635 or the Nokia Monarch for T-Mobile is one of the first devices to run in Windows 8.1 It comes with 480 x 854 pixels 4.5 inches display screen, and operates with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400. In terms of the phone's memory, it has an internal 8 GB, 512 MB RAM, which is expandable to 128 GB via microSD. It sports a 5 MP primary camera.
Nokia announced that the Lumia 635 will have a $189 price tag in the U.S. for the unlocked version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet