Gaming News: Assassin’s Creed: Comet Rumours, Xbox One Exclusive Coming to Steam, Dragon Age: Inquisition Gets Kinect Commands
By Gel Galang | April 14, 2014 11:45 AM EST
After a series of leaks and rumours about the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Unity, new bit of information has leaked for the other AC game, which will be coming to the last-gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360.
Titled Assassin's Creed Comet, the other game from Ubisoft will supposedly be set in Ancient Rome, if an interview with Jade Raymond, Ubisoft Toronto head is something to go by.
Videogamer reports that aside from the French Revolution, which is the period for Assassin's Creed: Unity, another time period was mentioned during the interview.
"There is an additional element of getting to relive and play a role in these pivotal moments in history. We work with historians to create these societies-ancient Rome, the French Revolution. And because each game is crafted in a new era, players don't get tired of it."
The mention of Ancient Rome is pretty interesting, and as the report points out, while Rome has been featured in two Assassin's Creed games, Ancient Rome is a different time period, and may mean an altogether different game.
Dragon Age: Inquisition to get Kinect commands
Following the way Mass Effect 3 made use of the Kinect back during the time of the Xbox 360, BioWare, developer for the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition, has already confirmed that the same use of voice commands will be seen in their upcoming game.
"We're expecting that Xbox 360 and Xbox One editions will ship with a Kinect-enabled voice command feature, just like Mass Effect 3 did," said Mike Laidlaw, creative director for Dragon Age: Inquisition to Total Xbox.
Instead of making it into a rather gimmicky feature, the Kinect voice commands were seamless and became part of the game in a more organic manner. The source adds that, while Mass Effect 3 did not make use of motion recognition using the Kinect, there has been no confirmation yet that will also be the same for Dragon Age: Inquisition as well as the Kinect 2.0, which has better motion features.
SmartGlass, the new Xbox One feature, has also been touched on, though BioWare has stated that they should first find an experience for the game beyond the Xbox One to fully utilize the feature.
Below slated for a Steam release
Capybara Games' timed exclusive game for the Xbox One, titled Below, is now headed for Steam.
VG 24/7 has spotted the game trailer announcing its arrival on Steam, now that the exclusivity period is already over.
Its arrival on Steam is the first of Below's debuts on other platforms, as the developer has already confirmed that it will be seeing a release beyond the Xbox One. In a previous blog post from Capybara Games, the developer said, "Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It's always been this way."
This was a clarification after E3 2013's event where Phil Spencer appeared onstage wearing a Capy shirt and teased the Below game, making everyone assume that it's probably an Xbox One exclusive.
"At CAPY, our goal has always been simple: Create unique, beautiful video games that we love... and bring them wherever there is an audience (and ideally, a great controller) to play them." That small hint about having a great controller can also mean that a PS4 release may not be impossible.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’