Gaming News: Assassin’s Creed: Comet Rumours, Xbox One Exclusive Coming to Steam, Dragon Age: Inquisition Gets Kinect Commands
By Gel Galang | April 14, 2014 11:45 AM EST
After a series of leaks and rumours about the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Unity, new bit of information has leaked for the other AC game, which will be coming to the last-gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360.
Titled Assassin's Creed Comet, the other game from Ubisoft will supposedly be set in Ancient Rome, if an interview with Jade Raymond, Ubisoft Toronto head is something to go by.
Videogamer reports that aside from the French Revolution, which is the period for Assassin's Creed: Unity, another time period was mentioned during the interview.
"There is an additional element of getting to relive and play a role in these pivotal moments in history. We work with historians to create these societies-ancient Rome, the French Revolution. And because each game is crafted in a new era, players don't get tired of it."
The mention of Ancient Rome is pretty interesting, and as the report points out, while Rome has been featured in two Assassin's Creed games, Ancient Rome is a different time period, and may mean an altogether different game.
Dragon Age: Inquisition to get Kinect commands
Following the way Mass Effect 3 made use of the Kinect back during the time of the Xbox 360, BioWare, developer for the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition, has already confirmed that the same use of voice commands will be seen in their upcoming game.
"We're expecting that Xbox 360 and Xbox One editions will ship with a Kinect-enabled voice command feature, just like Mass Effect 3 did," said Mike Laidlaw, creative director for Dragon Age: Inquisition to Total Xbox.
Instead of making it into a rather gimmicky feature, the Kinect voice commands were seamless and became part of the game in a more organic manner. The source adds that, while Mass Effect 3 did not make use of motion recognition using the Kinect, there has been no confirmation yet that will also be the same for Dragon Age: Inquisition as well as the Kinect 2.0, which has better motion features.
SmartGlass, the new Xbox One feature, has also been touched on, though BioWare has stated that they should first find an experience for the game beyond the Xbox One to fully utilize the feature.
Below slated for a Steam release
Capybara Games' timed exclusive game for the Xbox One, titled Below, is now headed for Steam.
VG 24/7 has spotted the game trailer announcing its arrival on Steam, now that the exclusivity period is already over.
Its arrival on Steam is the first of Below's debuts on other platforms, as the developer has already confirmed that it will be seeing a release beyond the Xbox One. In a previous blog post from Capybara Games, the developer said, "Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It's always been this way."
This was a clarification after E3 2013's event where Phil Spencer appeared onstage wearing a Capy shirt and teased the Below game, making everyone assume that it's probably an Xbox One exclusive.
"At CAPY, our goal has always been simple: Create unique, beautiful video games that we love... and bring them wherever there is an audience (and ideally, a great controller) to play them." That small hint about having a great controller can also mean that a PS4 release may not be impossible.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks