Johnny Depp Subpoenaed to Testify In Murder Case Of Woman Claiming to be His Lover
By Anne Lu | April 14, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a murder case involving a woman accused of killing a pedestrian. The woman claimed the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star was his lover, and Depp is expected to testify that she is insane.
Actor Johnny Depp attends a red carpet event to promote his new movie \"Transcendence\", on his first visit to China in Beijing March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
The case involves a Nancy Lekon, who allegedly hit a pedestrian in 2009 when she was driving a limousine in Los Angeles. She apparently dragged the victim’s body for a mile, killing her.
Lekon is charged with murder and is set to face trial later in April. She pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
Depp is expected to unwittingly help her by proving that she was indeed insane at the time of the killing.
Apparently, the suspect told the officers at the time of her arrest that she was in the area so she could meet with her lover, Depp. Her lawyer now wants to call the actor to tell the jury that Lekon was delusional.
Depp had been in a relationship with French singer Vanessa Paradis in 2009, and it’s highly unlikely that he had a rendezvous with Lekon at that time. It might be possible that he was in Los Angeles for a brief time, but he had been living in France during that year.
Depp and Paradis had been together since 1998 until 2012. They raise two children together: Lily Rose (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
He is currently engaged to actress Amber Heard, 27, whom he met on the set of the film “The Rum Diary.” Rumours claim that Heard is pregnant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James