Johnny Depp Subpoenaed to Testify In Murder Case Of Woman Claiming to be His Lover
By Anne Lu | April 14, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a murder case involving a woman accused of killing a pedestrian. The woman claimed the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star was his lover, and Depp is expected to testify that she is insane.
Actor Johnny Depp attends a red carpet event to promote his new movie \"Transcendence\", on his first visit to China in Beijing March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
The case involves a Nancy Lekon, who allegedly hit a pedestrian in 2009 when she was driving a limousine in Los Angeles. She apparently dragged the victim’s body for a mile, killing her.
Lekon is charged with murder and is set to face trial later in April. She pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
Depp is expected to unwittingly help her by proving that she was indeed insane at the time of the killing.
Apparently, the suspect told the officers at the time of her arrest that she was in the area so she could meet with her lover, Depp. Her lawyer now wants to call the actor to tell the jury that Lekon was delusional.
Depp had been in a relationship with French singer Vanessa Paradis in 2009, and it’s highly unlikely that he had a rendezvous with Lekon at that time. It might be possible that he was in Los Angeles for a brief time, but he had been living in France during that year.
Depp and Paradis had been together since 1998 until 2012. They raise two children together: Lily Rose (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
He is currently engaged to actress Amber Heard, 27, whom he met on the set of the film “The Rum Diary.” Rumours claim that Heard is pregnant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales