Johnny Depp Subpoenaed to Testify In Murder Case Of Woman Claiming to be His Lover
By Anne Lu | April 14, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a murder case involving a woman accused of killing a pedestrian. The woman claimed the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star was his lover, and Depp is expected to testify that she is insane.
Actor Johnny Depp attends a red carpet event to promote his new movie \"Transcendence\", on his first visit to China in Beijing March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
The case involves a Nancy Lekon, who allegedly hit a pedestrian in 2009 when she was driving a limousine in Los Angeles. She apparently dragged the victim’s body for a mile, killing her.
Lekon is charged with murder and is set to face trial later in April. She pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
Depp is expected to unwittingly help her by proving that she was indeed insane at the time of the killing.
Apparently, the suspect told the officers at the time of her arrest that she was in the area so she could meet with her lover, Depp. Her lawyer now wants to call the actor to tell the jury that Lekon was delusional.
Depp had been in a relationship with French singer Vanessa Paradis in 2009, and it’s highly unlikely that he had a rendezvous with Lekon at that time. It might be possible that he was in Los Angeles for a brief time, but he had been living in France during that year.
Depp and Paradis had been together since 1998 until 2012. They raise two children together: Lily Rose (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
He is currently engaged to actress Amber Heard, 27, whom he met on the set of the film “The Rum Diary.” Rumours claim that Heard is pregnant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff