Johnny Depp Subpoenaed to Testify In Murder Case Of Woman Claiming to be His Lover
By Anne Lu | April 14, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a murder case involving a woman accused of killing a pedestrian. The woman claimed the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star was his lover, and Depp is expected to testify that she is insane.
Actor Johnny Depp attends a red carpet event to promote his new movie \"Transcendence\", on his first visit to China in Beijing March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
The case involves a Nancy Lekon, who allegedly hit a pedestrian in 2009 when she was driving a limousine in Los Angeles. She apparently dragged the victim’s body for a mile, killing her.
Lekon is charged with murder and is set to face trial later in April. She pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
Depp is expected to unwittingly help her by proving that she was indeed insane at the time of the killing.
Apparently, the suspect told the officers at the time of her arrest that she was in the area so she could meet with her lover, Depp. Her lawyer now wants to call the actor to tell the jury that Lekon was delusional.
Depp had been in a relationship with French singer Vanessa Paradis in 2009, and it’s highly unlikely that he had a rendezvous with Lekon at that time. It might be possible that he was in Los Angeles for a brief time, but he had been living in France during that year.
Depp and Paradis had been together since 1998 until 2012. They raise two children together: Lily Rose (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
He is currently engaged to actress Amber Heard, 27, whom he met on the set of the film “The Rum Diary.” Rumours claim that Heard is pregnant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date