Johnny Depp Subpoenaed to Testify In Murder Case Of Woman Claiming to be His Lover
By Anne Lu | April 14, 2014 11:32 AM EST
Johnny Depp has been subpoenaed in a murder case involving a woman accused of killing a pedestrian. The woman claimed the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star was his lover, and Depp is expected to testify that she is insane.
Actor Johnny Depp attends a red carpet event to promote his new movie \"Transcendence\", on his first visit to China in Beijing March 31, 2014. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
The case involves a Nancy Lekon, who allegedly hit a pedestrian in 2009 when she was driving a limousine in Los Angeles. She apparently dragged the victim’s body for a mile, killing her.
Lekon is charged with murder and is set to face trial later in April. She pled not guilty by reason of insanity.
Depp is expected to unwittingly help her by proving that she was indeed insane at the time of the killing.
Apparently, the suspect told the officers at the time of her arrest that she was in the area so she could meet with her lover, Depp. Her lawyer now wants to call the actor to tell the jury that Lekon was delusional.
Depp had been in a relationship with French singer Vanessa Paradis in 2009, and it’s highly unlikely that he had a rendezvous with Lekon at that time. It might be possible that he was in Los Angeles for a brief time, but he had been living in France during that year.
Depp and Paradis had been together since 1998 until 2012. They raise two children together: Lily Rose (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
He is currently engaged to actress Amber Heard, 27, whom he met on the set of the film “The Rum Diary.” Rumours claim that Heard is pregnant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast