Apple’s Siri vs Microsoft Cortana in a Hilarious Word War: “Who” is Your Bet? [WATCH VIDEO]
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 14, 2014 11:11 AM EST
Even before Microsoft Cortana's official launch in the recent Microsoft Build 2014, the voice-powered digital assistant found in Windows 8.1 devices has been pitted against Apple's version of the technology-Siri.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gestures during his keynote address at the company's "build" conference in San Francisco, California April 2, 2014.
There is a continual debate over tech geeks on whether which among the two perform better. Famous comedian Arsenio Hall joined the roster of those interested to know by featuring both programs in a hilarious skit in the "Arsenio Hall Show," April 8, 2014.
The comedian introduced both phones with a special mention of Cortana to "designed with more flavour and is edgier than Siri." Arsenio Hall then welcomed both programs as if they were real persons and started asking Siri.
Siri showed her skills in efficiently providing information as long as keyword is mentioned clearly. Cortana, on the other hand showed an attitude, contradicting Hall when he told her to schedule a Laker game in his calendar.
The conversation went interesting when Siri, which actually have hearing problems and difficulty understanding accents, answered Hall's question erroneously. It goes:
Arsenion Hall: "Hey Siri, I'm a little hungry, can you find me a restaurant that serves grilled cheese?"
Siri: OK, I will play Alicia Keys.
Cortana: Are you deaf bi***? He said grilled cheese.
The audience roared in laughter as the conversation went on. When Hall turn to Cortana asking her where he can find good grilled cheese, the quirky program snapped "In your damn kitchen. Why is everybody so lazy?"
Siri, on the other hand, butted in, "Looking up a florist that sells daises."
The competition between digital assistants fired up when Arsenio Hall commented on Siri for being so thoughtful looking for daisies instead. Siri then explained that is how she is, "unlike some operating systems."
Cortana seem not to contain the rival's allusion, asking Siri directly if she has "something to say to her". Siri answered "Actually, I've got nothing to say to you, you fake wannabe."
The word war of the digital assistants continue as both of them mentioned of breaking each other. The rather composed Siri showed that she is not as "nice" as she is, taking in Cortana telling her that she is "not afraid to cut a bitch," before presenting a knife in her phone screen.
Cortana, on the other hand, showed that she is rather prepared, answering in utmost sarcasm, "You really want to bring knife to a gunfight?"
It is not confirmed whether this skit appearing on the "Arsenio Hall Show" is a part of Microsoft's promotion of its newest Windows feature. Microsoft is known for pitting against their competitor brands following Nokia's camera duel declaration against Sony's Xperia Z2, and the Nokia Lumia 520 against Apple's iPhone 5c.
[VIDEO] Watch Siri vs. Cortana in the "Arsenio Hall Show."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones