‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Robert Kirkman Says Season Finale is Nailed, Reveals Production plus Other Details for Upcoming Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 14, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale episode, there was a void in fans' lives. Sundays have no zombies for fans, no more Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) or Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). However, comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman dished out details about "The Walking Dead" season 5 filming, production and writing.
Rick Grimes and party are stuck in train car in Terminus. Beth Greene (Emily Kinney), Tyreese (Chad Coleman), Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride) and Baby Judith are somewhere, but not in Terminus. Certainly, "The Walking Dead" season 5 has answers to many burning questions, but at this point Robert is not answering them.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Production Details
The new season is not airing until October 2014, but filming is set to start soon. Robert Kirkman talked MTV and stated that filming starts in May 2014.
"We'll be rolling cameras in May, so I'm very excited about that. We'll have another season of "Walking Dead" down. It's strange for me, being on the fifth season, because I feel like we just started."
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Finale and Writing Details
Robert said that the team is writing the upcoming season. He stated that "The Walking Dead" will continue to get better as it moves forward. He is involved in writing the individual episodes as well the comic books.
"I just turned in the second episode script for season five, and all the writers are hard at work on their individual episodes. We're pretty much halfway through the fifth season, script-wise. And we've already nailed down what our finale is, and what our overall arc of the season is. The back half of the season is taking shape very quickly, and we'll have all the scripts written by the summer," says Robert.
It is great to know that Robert and others at "The Walking Dead" are way ahead and have planned out season 5 pretty well.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate