‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Robert Kirkman Says Season Finale is Nailed, Reveals Production plus Other Details for Upcoming Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 14, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale episode, there was a void in fans' lives. Sundays have no zombies for fans, no more Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) or Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). However, comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman dished out details about "The Walking Dead" season 5 filming, production and writing.
Rick Grimes and party are stuck in train car in Terminus. Beth Greene (Emily Kinney), Tyreese (Chad Coleman), Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride) and Baby Judith are somewhere, but not in Terminus. Certainly, "The Walking Dead" season 5 has answers to many burning questions, but at this point Robert is not answering them.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Production Details
The new season is not airing until October 2014, but filming is set to start soon. Robert Kirkman talked MTV and stated that filming starts in May 2014.
"We'll be rolling cameras in May, so I'm very excited about that. We'll have another season of "Walking Dead" down. It's strange for me, being on the fifth season, because I feel like we just started."
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Finale and Writing Details
Robert said that the team is writing the upcoming season. He stated that "The Walking Dead" will continue to get better as it moves forward. He is involved in writing the individual episodes as well the comic books.
"I just turned in the second episode script for season five, and all the writers are hard at work on their individual episodes. We're pretty much halfway through the fifth season, script-wise. And we've already nailed down what our finale is, and what our overall arc of the season is. The back half of the season is taking shape very quickly, and we'll have all the scripts written by the summer," says Robert.
It is great to know that Robert and others at "The Walking Dead" are way ahead and have planned out season 5 pretty well.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight