‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Robert Kirkman Says Season Finale is Nailed, Reveals Production plus Other Details for Upcoming Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 14, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale episode, there was a void in fans' lives. Sundays have no zombies for fans, no more Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) or Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). However, comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman dished out details about "The Walking Dead" season 5 filming, production and writing.
Rick Grimes and party are stuck in train car in Terminus. Beth Greene (Emily Kinney), Tyreese (Chad Coleman), Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride) and Baby Judith are somewhere, but not in Terminus. Certainly, "The Walking Dead" season 5 has answers to many burning questions, but at this point Robert is not answering them.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Production Details
The new season is not airing until October 2014, but filming is set to start soon. Robert Kirkman talked MTV and stated that filming starts in May 2014.
"We'll be rolling cameras in May, so I'm very excited about that. We'll have another season of "Walking Dead" down. It's strange for me, being on the fifth season, because I feel like we just started."
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Finale and Writing Details
Robert said that the team is writing the upcoming season. He stated that "The Walking Dead" will continue to get better as it moves forward. He is involved in writing the individual episodes as well the comic books.
"I just turned in the second episode script for season five, and all the writers are hard at work on their individual episodes. We're pretty much halfway through the fifth season, script-wise. And we've already nailed down what our finale is, and what our overall arc of the season is. The back half of the season is taking shape very quickly, and we'll have all the scripts written by the summer," says Robert.
It is great to know that Robert and others at "The Walking Dead" are way ahead and have planned out season 5 pretty well.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination