‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Robert Kirkman Says Season Finale is Nailed, Reveals Production plus Other Details for Upcoming Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 14, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale episode, there was a void in fans' lives. Sundays have no zombies for fans, no more Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) or Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). However, comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman dished out details about "The Walking Dead" season 5 filming, production and writing.
Rick Grimes and party are stuck in train car in Terminus. Beth Greene (Emily Kinney), Tyreese (Chad Coleman), Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride) and Baby Judith are somewhere, but not in Terminus. Certainly, "The Walking Dead" season 5 has answers to many burning questions, but at this point Robert is not answering them.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Production Details
The new season is not airing until October 2014, but filming is set to start soon. Robert Kirkman talked MTV and stated that filming starts in May 2014.
"We'll be rolling cameras in May, so I'm very excited about that. We'll have another season of "Walking Dead" down. It's strange for me, being on the fifth season, because I feel like we just started."
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 Finale and Writing Details
Robert said that the team is writing the upcoming season. He stated that "The Walking Dead" will continue to get better as it moves forward. He is involved in writing the individual episodes as well the comic books.
"I just turned in the second episode script for season five, and all the writers are hard at work on their individual episodes. We're pretty much halfway through the fifth season, script-wise. And we've already nailed down what our finale is, and what our overall arc of the season is. The back half of the season is taking shape very quickly, and we'll have all the scripts written by the summer," says Robert.
It is great to know that Robert and others at "The Walking Dead" are way ahead and have planned out season 5 pretty well.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales