Alcoholism,Other Addictions Can be Conquered with BioCorRx
By Christine Gaylican | April 14, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The misuse of prescription painkillers burdens the U.S. healthcare system with an estimated annual cost of $72 billion and prescription drug overdose deaths have more than quadrupled since 1999 and there are approximately 88,000 deaths linking to alcohol abuse each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Too much is always a bad thing with liquor and alcohol-laced drinks (Wiki Commons)
The company BioCorRx Inc. has announced the development a unique and highly effective treatment program to opioids and alcohol addiction that consist of two components.
The first component eliminates the physical cravings to drugs and alcohol by utilizing the drug Naltrexone implant, an opiate antagonist, administered by a trained licensed medical professional under local anesthetic.
It is administered to patients through a minimally invasive procedure where the Naltrexone implant is inserted beneath the skin of the lower abdominal area.
The BioCorRx, Inc.'s Naltrexone Implant is one of the only single-administration and long-acting implants used in the U.S. today. According to the chief operating officer of BioCorRx Inc., Brady Granier, any compound that is administered through injection or implants must be completely sterilized and free of contamination.
Administering implant as the delivery method for Naltrexone is an approved process bythe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The procedure acts by slowly releasing the drug into the body over the next several months in order to continue to eliminate the cravings for drugs and alcohol.
Since administering the implant is minimally invasive, the procedure is done outpatient and can be scheduled anytime.
Reportedly, patients experience miinimal to zero discomfort during the procedure and has returned to work the same day and within few hours after the drug has been implanted. Patients reported free from cravings of drug and alcohol and this is where the life coaching will begin which isthe second component of the program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sex In The City Actress Kim Cattrall Embraces Menopause
- A Baby Shot In The Head Due To Hunting Accident In Pennsylvania; Chances of Blindness
- Reasons Kate Middleton Cancelled Royal Duties: Weight Gain, Growing Baby Bump, Bloated Face
- An Apple A Day Keeps Obesity Away: Finds New Study
- Massive Hairball Discovered In Teenager's Stomach; Girl Chewed On Own Hair For Years [VIDEO]
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money