Alcoholism,Other Addictions Can be Conquered with BioCorRx
By Christine Gaylican | April 14, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The misuse of prescription painkillers burdens the U.S. healthcare system with an estimated annual cost of $72 billion and prescription drug overdose deaths have more than quadrupled since 1999 and there are approximately 88,000 deaths linking to alcohol abuse each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Too much is always a bad thing with liquor and alcohol-laced drinks (Wiki Commons)
The company BioCorRx Inc. has announced the development a unique and highly effective treatment program to opioids and alcohol addiction that consist of two components.
The first component eliminates the physical cravings to drugs and alcohol by utilizing the drug Naltrexone implant, an opiate antagonist, administered by a trained licensed medical professional under local anesthetic.
It is administered to patients through a minimally invasive procedure where the Naltrexone implant is inserted beneath the skin of the lower abdominal area.
The BioCorRx, Inc.'s Naltrexone Implant is one of the only single-administration and long-acting implants used in the U.S. today. According to the chief operating officer of BioCorRx Inc., Brady Granier, any compound that is administered through injection or implants must be completely sterilized and free of contamination.
Administering implant as the delivery method for Naltrexone is an approved process bythe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The procedure acts by slowly releasing the drug into the body over the next several months in order to continue to eliminate the cravings for drugs and alcohol.
Since administering the implant is minimally invasive, the procedure is done outpatient and can be scheduled anytime.
Reportedly, patients experience miinimal to zero discomfort during the procedure and has returned to work the same day and within few hours after the drug has been implanted. Patients reported free from cravings of drug and alcohol and this is where the life coaching will begin which isthe second component of the program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Mi Band vs. Fitbit Flex Fitness Band Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ABC News Reporter Elizabeth Vargas Befallen with Alcoholism Again, Returns to Rehab
- Cancer Cure: Botox May Help in Treatment of Gastric Cancer
- Pamela Anderson Chickens Out Of Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Healthy and Organic Lifestyle, Talks About Pregnancy Cravings
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop