Alcoholism,Other Addictions Can be Conquered with BioCorRx
By Christine Gaylican | April 14, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The misuse of prescription painkillers burdens the U.S. healthcare system with an estimated annual cost of $72 billion and prescription drug overdose deaths have more than quadrupled since 1999 and there are approximately 88,000 deaths linking to alcohol abuse each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Too much is always a bad thing with liquor and alcohol-laced drinks (Wiki Commons)
The company BioCorRx Inc. has announced the development a unique and highly effective treatment program to opioids and alcohol addiction that consist of two components.
The first component eliminates the physical cravings to drugs and alcohol by utilizing the drug Naltrexone implant, an opiate antagonist, administered by a trained licensed medical professional under local anesthetic.
It is administered to patients through a minimally invasive procedure where the Naltrexone implant is inserted beneath the skin of the lower abdominal area.
The BioCorRx, Inc.'s Naltrexone Implant is one of the only single-administration and long-acting implants used in the U.S. today. According to the chief operating officer of BioCorRx Inc., Brady Granier, any compound that is administered through injection or implants must be completely sterilized and free of contamination.
Administering implant as the delivery method for Naltrexone is an approved process bythe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The procedure acts by slowly releasing the drug into the body over the next several months in order to continue to eliminate the cravings for drugs and alcohol.
Since administering the implant is minimally invasive, the procedure is done outpatient and can be scheduled anytime.
Reportedly, patients experience miinimal to zero discomfort during the procedure and has returned to work the same day and within few hours after the drug has been implanted. Patients reported free from cravings of drug and alcohol and this is where the life coaching will begin which isthe second component of the program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- Low-Carb Diet Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease, Aids Weight Loss; A Look At Celebs Who Adopted The Diet
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- More Than Two Hundred Colombian Girls Hospitalized After Receiving Cervical Cancer Vaccination
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display