Alcoholism,Other Addictions Can be Conquered with BioCorRx
By Christine Gaylican | April 14, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The misuse of prescription painkillers burdens the U.S. healthcare system with an estimated annual cost of $72 billion and prescription drug overdose deaths have more than quadrupled since 1999 and there are approximately 88,000 deaths linking to alcohol abuse each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Too much is always a bad thing with liquor and alcohol-laced drinks (Wiki Commons)
The company BioCorRx Inc. has announced the development a unique and highly effective treatment program to opioids and alcohol addiction that consist of two components.
The first component eliminates the physical cravings to drugs and alcohol by utilizing the drug Naltrexone implant, an opiate antagonist, administered by a trained licensed medical professional under local anesthetic.
It is administered to patients through a minimally invasive procedure where the Naltrexone implant is inserted beneath the skin of the lower abdominal area.
The BioCorRx, Inc.'s Naltrexone Implant is one of the only single-administration and long-acting implants used in the U.S. today. According to the chief operating officer of BioCorRx Inc., Brady Granier, any compound that is administered through injection or implants must be completely sterilized and free of contamination.
Administering implant as the delivery method for Naltrexone is an approved process bythe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The procedure acts by slowly releasing the drug into the body over the next several months in order to continue to eliminate the cravings for drugs and alcohol.
Since administering the implant is minimally invasive, the procedure is done outpatient and can be scheduled anytime.
Reportedly, patients experience miinimal to zero discomfort during the procedure and has returned to work the same day and within few hours after the drug has been implanted. Patients reported free from cravings of drug and alcohol and this is where the life coaching will begin which isthe second component of the program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Vaccine Not Coming Soon Enough; Australia and New Zealand Prepare for Possible Outbreak
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Ebola Outbreak: Some Tips and Precautions to Keep It At Bay
- Most Parents See 'Nothing Wrong' with Overweight or Obese Children
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date