Alcoholism,Other Addictions Can be Conquered with BioCorRx
By Christine Gaylican | April 14, 2014 8:08 AM EST
The misuse of prescription painkillers burdens the U.S. healthcare system with an estimated annual cost of $72 billion and prescription drug overdose deaths have more than quadrupled since 1999 and there are approximately 88,000 deaths linking to alcohol abuse each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Too much is always a bad thing with liquor and alcohol-laced drinks (Wiki Commons)
The company BioCorRx Inc. has announced the development a unique and highly effective treatment program to opioids and alcohol addiction that consist of two components.
The first component eliminates the physical cravings to drugs and alcohol by utilizing the drug Naltrexone implant, an opiate antagonist, administered by a trained licensed medical professional under local anesthetic.
It is administered to patients through a minimally invasive procedure where the Naltrexone implant is inserted beneath the skin of the lower abdominal area.
The BioCorRx, Inc.'s Naltrexone Implant is one of the only single-administration and long-acting implants used in the U.S. today. According to the chief operating officer of BioCorRx Inc., Brady Granier, any compound that is administered through injection or implants must be completely sterilized and free of contamination.
Administering implant as the delivery method for Naltrexone is an approved process bythe U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The procedure acts by slowly releasing the drug into the body over the next several months in order to continue to eliminate the cravings for drugs and alcohol.
Since administering the implant is minimally invasive, the procedure is done outpatient and can be scheduled anytime.
Reportedly, patients experience miinimal to zero discomfort during the procedure and has returned to work the same day and within few hours after the drug has been implanted. Patients reported free from cravings of drug and alcohol and this is where the life coaching will begin which isthe second component of the program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- Kim Zolciak Shares Secret for Her Astonishing 50 Lbs. Weight Loss in Just Nine Days
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales