'Game Of Thrones' Season 4 Characters Recast: 'The New Mountain', 'Daario Naharis' [VIDEOS, SPOILERS]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 14, 2014 3:55 AM EST
George R. R. Martin's "Game Of Thrones" craze has just started again in its come back for season 4 last April 6 Sunday. In the past "G.O.T." seasons, there have already been character changes that may have gone unnoticed by the viewers. It's not to say these characters make little effect in the story. As the directors and producers see fit, making these changes are a good call for the betterment of the show.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Along with the viewers' favorite characters development, it's not just their survivability or longevity that needs attention. There are a few notable changes in the characters that will be noticed right off the start of the new season.
The 'New Mountain'
Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is one of the most easy-to-miss character changes in the series. "The Mountain" had been recast twice already in the first and second seasons of the show. And for a third recast in season 4, viewers will now see a noticeable change in "The Mountain". How so? He will definitely be right smack in the T.V. screens as The New Mountain is as huge and ferocious as anyone could ever ask for.
Hafþór "Thor" Björnsson, an Icelandic, real-life power lifter will be playing the role of Gregor Clegane. Björnsson replaced Ian Whyte who played "The Mountain" for season 2, while it was Conan Stevens for the original cast in season one. The placing of Björnsson for the Mountain is deemed to be a right fit for the character. The episode "The Mountain That Rides" is where viewers will see the epic feel of The Mountain's might in season 4. Critics and viewers alike will know in this episode if he would really be the right "size" for the role.
Last Lieutenant Of The Second Sons ( Warning! Spoiler Alert )
Daario Naharis is also one exciting character that could be worthy of the recast. Actor Michiel Huisman replaced Ed Skrein, who played for the role in season 3. It is only the first time Daario's character has seen a recast in the show. Still, everyone can never be too sure if there will be a future recast. So what's in it for the new Daario?
In season 3, Daario was a lieutenant for "The Second Sons", a sell-sword army just beyond Yunkai. "The Second Sons" were introduced on screen when Daenerys Targaryen made an offer for "The Second Sons" to join her army. The three leaders of "The Second Sons", including Daario refused the offer and went back to their base. That same night though, Daario surprisingly slayed his two fellow leaders, Mero and Prendahl. Daario went back to Daenarys' camp, presented the heads of the leaders, and swore absolute allegiance from there on.
Daario is now a captain for Daenarys' growing army. Viewers can expect more of Daario's sexual advances, political advice, and more surprises in the latest season of "Game Of Thrones".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money