‘Shuddhi’ the Reason Behind Shah Rukh’s No-Show on “Koffee with Karan”, Not Salman?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 13, 2014 9:20 PM EST
Endless speculations surrounding superstar Shah Rukh Khan's absence from the latest season of Karan Johar's chat show "Koffee with Karan" have been doing the rounds. And according to them, it is not related to Salman Khan's presence.
Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
Johar's show has drawn various reactions every time. And so when the director's once dear friend Shah Rukh gave the show a miss this season, the reason was thought to be the filmmaker's sudden friendliness with Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, whom he had invited to the show this season.
However, the speculations have now pointed out some more reasons for SRK's absence.
The most prominent being an alleged tension brewing between Johar and the "Chennai Express" actor, after the latter rejected the filmmaker's ambitious project "Shuddhi".
It had recently surfaced that the superstar had listened to the "Shuddhi" script but ultimately rejected the offer through an email. Well that surely seems a rude way to refuse an offer, especially since both celebs had shared a strong friendship over the years. If that's the case, a tension between the duo is quite likely.
Meanwhile, some reports stated that SRK missed the show, since he had no movies to promote at that point. However, the actor's big budget project "Happy New Year" is coming up later this year, and early promotions could have worked in the film's favour, building up expectations. Hence, the no film promotion reason appears not quite convincing enough.
The 48-year-old's busy schedule, laden with health issues is another reason considered for his no-show. But that argument is hardly valid since SRK is known for going overboard, when it comes to his required commitments.
The actor was seen attending a wedding in Jaipur and was even present at a professional event, braving his serious knee injury earlier this year. And since "KWK' is more of a friendly appearance, busy schedule and health issues are definitely weak excuses for not showing up.
There have also been reports that the actor's association with the IPL has kept him away from the show.
Endless reports will continue to float on SRK skipping the show, till either the actor or Johar clarifies the situation. The filmmaker has dealt with rumours when it comes to his films but whether he would speak out on his personal life is a doubt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast