Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Unstoppable in US; Earns Over ₹10-Crore Share in AP
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 13, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Race Gurram Poster (Facebook/Race Gurram)
The film, which hit the screens on 11 April, opened well and minted ₹6.89 crore share at the AP/Nizam box office. The Allu Arjun starrer has earned well on the second day (12 April) and has crossed the ₹10-crore mark (share) in two days. According to Andhraboxoffice website, "Race Gurram" has minted ₹11.11 crore in the first two days at the box office. To look at area-wise collections, click HERE.
The family entertainer is the first release of the year for Arjun. The actor's last release "Iddarammayilatho" was just an average performer. It remains to be seen as to how "Race Gurram" fares at the box office. The film's opening has been good and it is likely to post a good total at the end of the first weekend. It will be interesting to see how the film fares during weekdays.
The Arjun starrer has received positive reviews from critics, as well as from the audience. Positive word of mouth is likely to help the film sustain its momentum and perform well. Since there are no big releases in the coming days, "Race Gurram" is expected to continue its good run at the box office. Summer holidays will also be an added advantage for the film.
"Race Gurram" has been doing exceptionally well in the overseas markets as well. The film took an extraordinary opening in the United States and featured at 12th position in the US boxoffice chart this weekend, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"Telugu film #RaceGurram is UNSTOPPABLE in USA. Features at No 12 position in USA Boxoffice chart this wknd, alongside Hollywood biggies," Adarsh tweeted.
The Arjun starrer took a grand opening in the US, earning more than $308K combined on Thursday and Friday. The film did fantastic business on Saturday and minted $309,731. Its three-day collections including Thursday premiere stand at 618,336 (₹3.73 crore) [Note these figures are from reported screens].
"#RaceGurram Thu $ 102,782, Fri $ 205,823, Sat $ 309,731 [some sites yet to report]. Total: $ 618,336 [Rs 3.73 cr]. Reported screens. Superb!," Adarsh added.
Directed by Surender Reddy, "Race Gurram" has Arjun and Shaam of "Kick" fame appearing as brothers. The film also has Shruti Haasan, Ravi Kishen, Prakash Raj, Brahmanandam and Posani Krishna Murali in supporting roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James