‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Box Office Collection: Amitabh Starrer Picks up on Day 2, Earns ₹5.85 Crore
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 13, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Amitabh Bachchan's "Bhoothnath Returns" picked up on the second day and performed well at the Indian box office.
Amitabh Bachchan at the launch trailer of 'Bhoothnath Returns'
The horror comedy entertainer, which hit the screens on 11 April, minted ₹4.07 crore nett on the first day. However, the film witnessed significant growth on the second day (12 April) and minted ₹5.85 crore at the Indian box office. The two-day collections of the Bachchan starrer now stands at ₹9.92 crore.
"#BhoothnathReturns has fantastic growth on Day 2. Collects ₹ 5.85 cr on Sat. Total: ₹ 9.92 cr nett. India biz. Sunday biz should be super!," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
As Adarsh mentioned, the Sunday (13 April) collections of "Bhoothnath Returns" are expected to be good, and the film is likely to post a decent total at the end of the first weekend.
Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, "Bhoothnath Returns" has Amitabh reprising the role of a ghost from the 2008 flick "Bhoothnath". The film's other cast members include child actor Parth Bhalerao, Boman Irani, Anurag Kashyap and Usha Nadkarni.
The horror comedy received mostly positive reviews from critics, which worked in the film's favour. Armed with a good word of mouth, "Bhoothnath Returns" is likely to perform well at the box office in the coming days. The film will easily surpass the opening weekend collections of "Queen," which amounts to ₹10 crore.
While the Bachchan starrer will end the first weekend on a good note, it remains to be seen as to how the film fares during weekdays. Moreover, the much-awaited "2 States", starring Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt, will hit the screens on Friday (18 April). One needs to wait a little longer to find out if "2 States" will affect "Bhoothnath Returns" business.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence