'Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi' Season 5: Shah Rukh Khan's Doctor to Perform Surgery on Kushal Tandon
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 13, 2014 6:16 PM EST
The daunting tasks of "Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi" season 5 (KKK5) have taken a toll on celebrity contestant Kushal Tandon.
The television actor, who was already under physiotherapy for a shoulder injury, will now have to undergo an operation as his condition worsened.
Kushal Tandon, Fear Factor: 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 5'
Tandon performed to a boot camp task on Saturday's episode, which apparently aggravated the injury. The 29-year-old now is set to go under the knife, with renowned doctor Sanjay Desai, who had previously tended to Shah Rukh Khan, taking charge of the procedure. KKK5 host Rohit Shetty referred the superstar's doctor to Tandon.
"The shoulder has been troubling me for a long time and I will have surgery after 10 days. I had a ligament tear in 'Bigg Boss' and during the shoot of 'Khatron Ke Khiladi', it got aggravated because of my last stunt on the show. Rohit Shetty referred me to the doctor who treated Shah Rukh Khan. I consulted him and he finally gave me the date," Tandon told The Times of India.
Despite the injury, the actor won the task, which saw him doing the commando drill. But the task turned out to be his last stunt on the show as he opted out, owing to the injury.
Tandon further revealed that post the operation, he would take at least a five-month break to recuperate. He is then expected to concentrate on his Bollywood debut, for which he has been offered several scripts.
Meanwhile, Ajaz Khan is set to appear on "KKK 5" as the next wild card entry after Tandon's exit. The former "Bigg Boss 7" contestant had earlier claimed that Tandon had left the show because of him.
Tandon hit back in response, stating "Ajaz is a wild card entrant. You will see for yourself that he hasn't been able to do any stunts and will be out in the next two weeks. As for his claims of me being affected by him I don't even want to react. One doesn't react to barking dogs. He is just riding on my fame," reported DNA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage