'Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi' Season 5: Shah Rukh Khan's Doctor to Perform Surgery on Kushal Tandon
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 13, 2014 6:16 PM EST
The daunting tasks of "Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi" season 5 (KKK5) have taken a toll on celebrity contestant Kushal Tandon.
The television actor, who was already under physiotherapy for a shoulder injury, will now have to undergo an operation as his condition worsened.
Kushal Tandon, Fear Factor: 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 5'
Tandon performed to a boot camp task on Saturday's episode, which apparently aggravated the injury. The 29-year-old now is set to go under the knife, with renowned doctor Sanjay Desai, who had previously tended to Shah Rukh Khan, taking charge of the procedure. KKK5 host Rohit Shetty referred the superstar's doctor to Tandon.
"The shoulder has been troubling me for a long time and I will have surgery after 10 days. I had a ligament tear in 'Bigg Boss' and during the shoot of 'Khatron Ke Khiladi', it got aggravated because of my last stunt on the show. Rohit Shetty referred me to the doctor who treated Shah Rukh Khan. I consulted him and he finally gave me the date," Tandon told The Times of India.
Despite the injury, the actor won the task, which saw him doing the commando drill. But the task turned out to be his last stunt on the show as he opted out, owing to the injury.
Tandon further revealed that post the operation, he would take at least a five-month break to recuperate. He is then expected to concentrate on his Bollywood debut, for which he has been offered several scripts.
Meanwhile, Ajaz Khan is set to appear on "KKK 5" as the next wild card entry after Tandon's exit. The former "Bigg Boss 7" contestant had earlier claimed that Tandon had left the show because of him.
Tandon hit back in response, stating "Ajaz is a wild card entrant. You will see for yourself that he hasn't been able to do any stunts and will be out in the next two weeks. As for his claims of me being affected by him I don't even want to react. One doesn't react to barking dogs. He is just riding on my fame," reported DNA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2