'Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi' Season 5: Shah Rukh Khan's Doctor to Perform Surgery on Kushal Tandon
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 13, 2014 6:16 PM EST
The daunting tasks of "Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi" season 5 (KKK5) have taken a toll on celebrity contestant Kushal Tandon.
The television actor, who was already under physiotherapy for a shoulder injury, will now have to undergo an operation as his condition worsened.
Kushal Tandon, Fear Factor: 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 5'
Tandon performed to a boot camp task on Saturday's episode, which apparently aggravated the injury. The 29-year-old now is set to go under the knife, with renowned doctor Sanjay Desai, who had previously tended to Shah Rukh Khan, taking charge of the procedure. KKK5 host Rohit Shetty referred the superstar's doctor to Tandon.
"The shoulder has been troubling me for a long time and I will have surgery after 10 days. I had a ligament tear in 'Bigg Boss' and during the shoot of 'Khatron Ke Khiladi', it got aggravated because of my last stunt on the show. Rohit Shetty referred me to the doctor who treated Shah Rukh Khan. I consulted him and he finally gave me the date," Tandon told The Times of India.
Despite the injury, the actor won the task, which saw him doing the commando drill. But the task turned out to be his last stunt on the show as he opted out, owing to the injury.
Tandon further revealed that post the operation, he would take at least a five-month break to recuperate. He is then expected to concentrate on his Bollywood debut, for which he has been offered several scripts.
Meanwhile, Ajaz Khan is set to appear on "KKK 5" as the next wild card entry after Tandon's exit. The former "Bigg Boss 7" contestant had earlier claimed that Tandon had left the show because of him.
Tandon hit back in response, stating "Ajaz is a wild card entrant. You will see for yourself that he hasn't been able to do any stunts and will be out in the next two weeks. As for his claims of me being affected by him I don't even want to react. One doesn't react to barking dogs. He is just riding on my fame," reported DNA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown