IPL 7 News: Delhi Daredevils Skipper Kevin Pietersen Nursing Injury
By Shruthi SU | April 13, 2014 5:58 PM EST
With only four days to go for Delhi Daredevils' IPL 7 opening match against Royal Challengers Bangalore in Sharjah, skipper Kevin Pietersen is racing against time to be fit, according to reports.
Delhi Daredevils cannot afford to miss Kevin Pietersen even for a single match this season.
Pietersen is nursing a fractured finger on the right hand. Though he is already in the UAE with the team, it is said that he did not go through a full-fledged practice session yet and instead took to getting to know the team members better.
"KP has a fractured finger," a DD source was quoted by TOI. "That is why he isn't taking an active part in the drills. A well-known doctor has been called to attend on him but he will only meet him in the UAE. He is supposed to be treated there so he can recover faster and take part in the first match. But he is certainly racing against time. It could be touch and go for the first couple of matches."
But even before the season started, Pietersen was wearing a protective gear on his right hand, due to an injury he had suffered previously. The official in the DD camp also stated that there was no reason to worry as it was only a sore from the previous injury.
"It's just a sore hand. He had an injury earlier and it's just sore from that. KP is just taking precautionary measures by not going through the extensive drills."
DD is extensively banking on the leadership skills of Pietersen and is keen to provide him the best of conditions, so as to help him leave his unimpressive past captaincy memories with England behind him.
"KP is a different leader now," DD assistant coach Eric Simons said. "He has grown as captain since he had a tough time as the England skipper in 2009. He has been interacting a lot with youngsters and getting to know the players. He is certainly not a problem child."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown