Chelsea FC News: Atletico will not Field In Loanee Goalkeeper against Blues, Sanctions Looming
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 13, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Atletico Madrid will reportedly not field in loanee goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in both legs of their upcoming semi-final clash in the Champions League.
Atletico Madrid will reportedly not field in loanee goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in their semi-final Champions League clash
Chelsea FC News: Blues Furious at Atletico President for Manipulating UEFA Decision Involving Loanee Goalkeeper, Considers Remedial Action
UEFA issued a statement earlier indicating that the provision in the loan contract, between the west London outfit and the Los Rojiblancos, prohibiting the Belgian stopper from taking part in matches against his mother club is "null, void and unenforceable."
However, Marca suggests that Blues boss Jose Mourinho has been spreading word that the 21-year-old "will not play in the tie," believing that Atletico will still respect their agreement in spite of the said development.
Additionally, in case of breach, the Portuguese mentor will no longer send Courtois to Madrid and will "sit him on the bench in Cech's shadow for the next two years."
If such is really the case, sanctions may be meted out by UEFA, which emphasized in their statement that any attempt to violate the rules shall be dealt with accordingly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia