Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Soon as iOS 8 Comes in June 2: What to Expect at WWDC
By Precious Silva | April 13, 2014 3:06 AM EST
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference will be held in June 2 to 6 San Francisco, California. Despite the focus on developer workshops, the conference has also been a venue for the tech giant to introduce new operating systems, updates and even products. According to recent information, Apple could shed light to the upcoming iOS 8. The new operating system is also expected to give more information on what the iPhone 6 will feature.
According to Mac Rumors, the first day of the WWDC often starts with a keynote from the company. Apple uses this time to provide information about new services, operating system upgrades and new products. This year's event will reportedly introduce the iOS 8 and the OS X 10.10. Apple usually provides developers beta access to the versions of these operating systems. It is one way for the company to help developers create new features and apps. Public releases follow after.
According to NDTV, the new iOS 8 may go by the name Okemo. Likewise, the operating system may also feature public transit directions in the Map apps.
The iOS 8 may sport a simple notification centre. This will include two tabs: Notification and Today respectively. The upcoming Notifications tab will combine all other notification features allowing a simpler and more convenient setup.
Additionally, an independent iTunes Radio App is also expected. The inclusion of a separate app will promote the company's music service better. Similar to Samsung's health feature in the Galaxy S5, iOS 8 will also reportedly feature a Healthbook app. The app will be able to monitor the user's physical condition and health.
Looking at Apple's history, the iPhone 6 will likely feature the iOS 8. People should expect to find the mentioned features on the upcoming phone. The iPhone 6 will reportedly come in two sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. It also expected to feature a sapphire glass screen, new camera system, A8 processor and thinner design.
Apple has yet to make an official announcement about the operating system and the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists