Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Soon as iOS 8 Comes in June 2: What to Expect at WWDC
By Precious Silva | April 13, 2014 3:06 AM EST
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference will be held in June 2 to 6 San Francisco, California. Despite the focus on developer workshops, the conference has also been a venue for the tech giant to introduce new operating systems, updates and even products. According to recent information, Apple could shed light to the upcoming iOS 8. The new operating system is also expected to give more information on what the iPhone 6 will feature.
According to Mac Rumors, the first day of the WWDC often starts with a keynote from the company. Apple uses this time to provide information about new services, operating system upgrades and new products. This year's event will reportedly introduce the iOS 8 and the OS X 10.10. Apple usually provides developers beta access to the versions of these operating systems. It is one way for the company to help developers create new features and apps. Public releases follow after.
According to NDTV, the new iOS 8 may go by the name Okemo. Likewise, the operating system may also feature public transit directions in the Map apps.
The iOS 8 may sport a simple notification centre. This will include two tabs: Notification and Today respectively. The upcoming Notifications tab will combine all other notification features allowing a simpler and more convenient setup.
Additionally, an independent iTunes Radio App is also expected. The inclusion of a separate app will promote the company's music service better. Similar to Samsung's health feature in the Galaxy S5, iOS 8 will also reportedly feature a Healthbook app. The app will be able to monitor the user's physical condition and health.
Looking at Apple's history, the iPhone 6 will likely feature the iOS 8. People should expect to find the mentioned features on the upcoming phone. The iPhone 6 will reportedly come in two sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. It also expected to feature a sapphire glass screen, new camera system, A8 processor and thinner design.
Apple has yet to make an official announcement about the operating system and the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots