Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Soon as iOS 8 Comes in June 2: What to Expect at WWDC
By Precious Silva | April 13, 2014 3:06 AM EST
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference will be held in June 2 to 6 San Francisco, California. Despite the focus on developer workshops, the conference has also been a venue for the tech giant to introduce new operating systems, updates and even products. According to recent information, Apple could shed light to the upcoming iOS 8. The new operating system is also expected to give more information on what the iPhone 6 will feature.
According to Mac Rumors, the first day of the WWDC often starts with a keynote from the company. Apple uses this time to provide information about new services, operating system upgrades and new products. This year's event will reportedly introduce the iOS 8 and the OS X 10.10. Apple usually provides developers beta access to the versions of these operating systems. It is one way for the company to help developers create new features and apps. Public releases follow after.
According to NDTV, the new iOS 8 may go by the name Okemo. Likewise, the operating system may also feature public transit directions in the Map apps.
The iOS 8 may sport a simple notification centre. This will include two tabs: Notification and Today respectively. The upcoming Notifications tab will combine all other notification features allowing a simpler and more convenient setup.
Additionally, an independent iTunes Radio App is also expected. The inclusion of a separate app will promote the company's music service better. Similar to Samsung's health feature in the Galaxy S5, iOS 8 will also reportedly feature a Healthbook app. The app will be able to monitor the user's physical condition and health.
Looking at Apple's history, the iPhone 6 will likely feature the iOS 8. People should expect to find the mentioned features on the upcoming phone. The iPhone 6 will reportedly come in two sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. It also expected to feature a sapphire glass screen, new camera system, A8 processor and thinner design.
Apple has yet to make an official announcement about the operating system and the smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO